1. Raymond Longoria
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 25 January 2022 21:08 PM UTC

I have an application that was upgraded successfully to PB 2019. Our application ran well with the PB 2019 run time files on users' computers.  We upgraded to PB 2021 build 1311 successfully. I deployed 12 applications successfully and tested the exe's on my development computer without incident. I installed the PB 2021 runtime files and the application on a test computer and then ran the application. We have one main application that calls the other applications. The main application runs without incident but when it runs the other applications some appear briefly and then disappear. Others never appear. Any help would be appreciated.

Raymond Longoria Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 26 January 2022 16:09 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Olan,

The structure is that all of the Exe's are in a single folder. This structure did not change from the PB 2019 deployment.

Comment
  1. Raymond Longoria
  2. Wednesday, 26 January 2022 23:40 PM UTC
I fixed it. I did the following:

1. I upgraded PB 2021 to the latest build (1506).

2.When I built the Runtime packager, I chose a majority of the Other Components.
  1. Helpful 2
  1. John Fauss
  2. Wednesday, 26 January 2022 23:52 PM UTC
That is good to hear, Raymond! Thanks for letting us know you found a solution. Would you please mark this question as resolved? Thank you.
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 27 January 2022 00:12 AM UTC
Makes sense... mismatched versions of runtime DLLs and missing DLLs are most common cause of such issue. The steps you took control both of these risks. Glad it s resolved, and thanks for sharing the solution!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Olan Knight Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 26 January 2022 14:33 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

What is the deployment folder structure?
Example:  1) all application file are in a single folder (simple case)

2) Main application is in folder A, sub apps are in nested folders:  A\B, AC, A/D and so on

3) Apps and runtime files are in separate folders, so apps are the folder A\B, A\C... structure, and runtimes are in A\Runtime.

Just a guess, but it sounds to me like  the EXE of the called apps cannot find the runtime.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.