1. Rick Riffle
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 20 September 2023 18:28 PM UTC

Hello,

Does anyone know how to set up single sign on with a PowerBuilder app?  Using version 2022 R2.

Thank you

Bruce Armstrong Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 21 September 2023 17:41 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

It rather depends on what you mean by "single sign on".  There are a number of different implementations:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_sign-on

I've posted sample on CodeXchange that show how to implement SSO using either Smart Cards or OpenID.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 21 September 2023 15:57 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi, Rick - 

The reason we ask for information about the DBMS you're using is because Single Sign-On functionality is implemented by the database interface client. Are you using SQL Server, Oracle, SQL Anywhere, Postgres, ODBC, etc.? What version? What version/release/build of PB are you using? Which PB database interface (SQLCA.DBMS='???') does your app use? What version of Windows does your app run on?

This information is necessary in order for anyone to be able to help you.

Best regards, John

Comment
  1. Rick Riffle
  2. Thursday, 21 September 2023 16:38 PM UTC
John,

I'm using Oracle version 12c. We're currently have applications in PB12.1 and 12.6 which will be migrating to version 2022 R2. The PB database interface is O10 and Windows 10 Enterprise Edition.

Thank you,

Rick
  1. Helpful
  1. John Fauss
  2. Thursday, 21 September 2023 17:52 PM UTC
Thanks. I have no Oracle experience, but I know there are several people here that do, so I'm confident one or more of them will help get you an answer. Good luck on your upcoming app migration!
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 20 September 2023 20:16 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Rick;

Can you tell us - SS sign-on using...

• Windows credentials
  • Active Directory
  • DBMS
  • etc?

Regards .. Chris

Comment
  1. Rick Riffle
  2. Thursday, 21 September 2023 13:30 PM UTC
Hello Chris,

I'm using Active Directory and isn't working with configuration on our new machines. I would like to try something else if possible.

Thank you
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 21 September 2023 20:07 PM UTC
Hi Rick;

If it was working before and not now on newer machines or O/S - the it could be that you may now need "Elevated Privileges" in order to access AD.

The best would be to check with your AD or System's Admin team at your organization.

Regards .. Chris
  1. Helpful 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.