1. VINOD NAIR
  2. PowerServer 2020 or older (Obsolete)
  3. Thursday, 9 May 2024 22:26 PM UTC

I am installing PS 2020 AEM on a windows IIS server using silent install. There is a SilentInstall.INI file which has configuration to change the admin password during the install as shown below. I changed the AEMPassword to a value other than 'admin' but it does not take into effect. Is there some other parameter that I need to change in the attached INI file (renamed to .PDF) for this password change to trigger?

Do note, the installation works fine without any issues except the password for AEM admin login doesn't change.

################################################################################
#Set the AEM login user name and password.
################################################################################
AEMUserName=admin
AEMPassword=xxxxxxx

Attachments (1)
Who is viewing this page
Mora Wang @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 13 May 2024 08:21 AM UTC
  3. # 1

Hi Vinod,

I noticed that I could only reproduce the problem when I configured AEMUserName and AEMPassword in the incorrect section. When I changed the AEMUserName and AEMPassword under the [powerserver] section in the SilentInstall.ini file, they took effect after the PS2020 silent installation succeeded.
Therefore, please provide the following information and file for analysis:
1. Please check and make sure the AEMUserName and AEMPassword you changed are under the [powerserver] section, not the [jbossserver] or [jeusserver] or other section.
2. If the problem remains with step#1, please provide the following:
a) The detailed version of your PS2020. (You can find this at [your installation directory]\Appeon\setup.exe > right-click on the exe > Properties > Details > File version or Product version)
b) The SilentInstall.ini configuration file used by PS2020 installation when the problem occurs. The pdf file you attached doesn’t seem to contain the change you made.
c) The installation log at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\AppeonInstallLog\PowerServer2020Net.txt when the problem occurs.

Thanks & Regards!
Mora

Comment
  1. VINOD NAIR
  2. Monday, 13 May 2024 13:36 PM UTC
Hi Mora,

Thanks for getting back to me. Once you confirmed, that it works on your end I went back and re-checked my scripts and found that the SilentInstall.INI file changes that I made were not getting copied into the AEM setup folder. So once I made that change the installation correctly changes the password. Thanks for your help. Appreciate the quick response!
  1. Helpful
  1. Mora Wang @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 14 May 2024 05:00 AM UTC
Hi Vinod,

We are glad that you resolved the issue. It's my honor to serve you, and please feel free to ask any questions at any time!

Regards!

Mora
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Mora Wang @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 10 May 2024 10:19 AM UTC
  3. # 2

Hi Vinod;

Thanks for reporting this problem! We reproduced it on our end and will do further research to figure it out. We will keep you posted about the progress.

Regards,
Mora

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.