1. Buck Woolley
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 31 March 2023 22:27 PM UTC

Within the [MS_SQLSERVER_SYNTAX] section of the pbodb190.ini file the SelectDefault parameter doesnt seem to be working.  So the dw.update() is trying to insert NULL values into not null columns.  All the constraints have been defined in the database to provide default values for these columns.  This was working in the prior version Powerbuilder 10.  Is there a setting or config that I am missing that prevents the defaults from being set when the insert syntax is being created?

The parameter is SelectDefault='select y.name, x.text from syscomments x, syscolumns y where x.id = y.cdefault and y.id = OBJECT_ID(''&TableOwner.&TableName'')'     and seems to be correct.

Thanks...

Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 3 April 2023 16:04 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Buck,

Have you also upgraded your MS sqlserver version? I'm not an expert, but I'm thinking maybe the sql server system tables have changed?

regards.

I also seem to remember that you can set a backwards compatibility mode in dbparms, if that would be applicable.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Buck Woolley Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 3 April 2023 16:01 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Thanks, it was PB2019 build R2 so the file name is fine...  

The issue is the GetIdentity= parameter works   SelectDefault= parameter is not working

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Monday, 3 April 2023 16:59 PM UTC
Hi Buck, Please open a support ticket so team can see if this is a regression bug and whether it has been fixed in a newer version that is still eligible for tech support/fixes, such as PB 2019 R3. https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug
  1. Helpful
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 1 April 2023 05:51 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Which version of PB2019 are you using?

In PB2019 R2 you would look for pbodb190.ini, in PB2019 R3, you have to look for pbodb.ini (without the number in the filename).

regards

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.