1. Danish Ahamed LiakathAli
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 21 April 2020 17:17 PM UTC

We have migrated our current application which is still running in PB 10.2.1 to PB 2019 R2.
We have started testing the application with new version after the migration,we are facing an issue in RTE control.
We are storing the RTE content value in BLOB datatype column. In our current code, we have it as below before copying or pasting from/to RTE.

--when getting the valuing from BLOB
IF ll_pbversion >= 10 THEN
ls_body = String (lblob_body,EncodingAnsi!)
ELSE
ls_body = String (lblob_body)
END IF

--When setting the value to BLOB
IF ll_pbversion >= 10 THEN
lblob_body = Blob (ls_body,EncodingAnsi!)
ELSE
lblob_body = Blob (ls_body)
END IF

I understand this to work around of Unicode to ANSI character in earlier versions.
But now the above conversion returns NULL value and alignment displaying incorrectly.
I have commented out with the EncodingAnsi and changed to (String (lblob_body)/Blob (ls_body))  and enabled the necessary rte properties() and it is displaying correctly.But when we retrieve the data, it is not retrieving any data and the alignment totally messed up.

I have used 'Built-in TX Text Control' at first, in that case the template was not displaying in the correct alignment(when viewing or editing the template content). And then I changed to 'Built-in Rich Edit Control' and everything display correctly, But that retrieval data not displaying data and alignment not displaying correctly in the rte data.

Do we need to make any other additional changes in the code level or property levels?.

Danish Ahamed LiakathAli Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 23 April 2020 16:47 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

I have tried that option too, but in the rte display the paragraph content is not coming in correct alignment 'If I open the existing template'. For the new one which I am creating from the newer version of PB, it does works correctly.

By default it sets the right margin to 2.5 or 1.5 . I have aligned it correctly and saved the contact.After re-open it still not displaying correctly.

I have attached the images for you reference.

Attachments (5)
Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 23 April 2020 17:10 PM UTC
In that case it doesn't sound like it is a bug. In PowerBuilder 10.2 and older, Sybase used a different rich text control. I think it was called HighEdit. Starting from PowerBuilder 10.5, Sybase switched to TX Text Control because it was the best on the market. My guess is the way your older documents are encoding the alignment is problematic. You would need to regenerate those templates.
  1. Helpful
  1. Danish Ahamed LiakathAli
  2. Friday, 1 May 2020 18:18 PM UTC
Do we have any code option or tool to re-generate those templates. Our application is running in 8 different DB's and each DB's has more than 10 templates.
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Friday, 1 May 2020 20:02 PM UTC
Sorry, I'm not aware of any tools to automate this. Maybe other users of the Appeon community can suggest something?
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 21 April 2020 18:40 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi, You should use the TX TextControl.  That is the rich text control that is being enhanced going forward.  If you think you discovered a bug, please open a support ticket with your test case.  Thanks!

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.