1. Sivaprakash BKR
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Saturday, 13 January 2024 12:09 PM UTC

Hello,

First I tell you that this issue is NOT there in PB 2022 R2 build 2819.  We just compiled that same application with R3 and are facing these issues.

Issue is in PB 2022 R3 build 3289 + tabbedview + PFC Resize without PFC - Appeon Community + 64 bit

Issue 1   [ project rar file : issue 1.rar ]

1.  2 windows available in that project.  w_mdi and w_two.
2.  w_mdi is the mdi window.  See tabbedview option in the properties of the window.  If it's checked we face the issue.
3.  w_two got one datawindow (dw_1).  dw_1 datawindow gets resized itself using the PFC resize facility.
4.  Run the application.  dw_1 is not resized.
5.  Uncheck the TabbedView option in the properties of w_mdi window.
6.  Now Run the application. You can see that the dw_1 is resized now.

Issue 2   [ project rar file : issue 2.rar ] 

1.  2 windows available in that project.  w_mdi and w_two.
2.  w_mdi is the mdi window.  One menu is there.  On click of that menu, it opens w_two
3.  w_two contains one tabpage, one dw inside that tab page.
4.  dw contains one button at the footer.
5.  If we click the menu, it opens the window, and we expect that the everything should get displayed perfectly.  But the button at the footer of the datawindow doesn't get displayed properly.
6.  If we uncheck the TabbedView option in the properties of the w_mdi window, it works perfectly.

Any workarounds?  Or is that a bug?

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash

Attachments (2)
Bruce Armstrong Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 15 January 2024 21:12 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Attached are your two samples, now working correctly.  Note that I didn't change the extract of the PFC code.  I changed your code calling the service.  You might want to compare these to what you originally submitted to see the changes that allow the resize service to work correctly.

Attachments (2)
Comment
  1. Sivaprakash BKR
  2. Tuesday, 16 January 2024 07:46 AM UTC
Thanks, Bruce, for your time.

What I've observed in your (return) project.

1. The build used is 3282, and mine is 3289. I don't have 3282 build to test.

2. Issue 1: I wanted to open the window from the open event of the mdi window. Opening from a menu is working fine, which I mentioned in my reply post. What I did was to trigger the clicked event of the menu from a timer event of mdi window. That works. Triggering the same menu event from the open event of mdi window is not working.

3. Issue 2: Yes, commenting out the resize of tabpage did solve that issue. Thanks. Don't know how it worked in PB 2022 R2.

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Sivaprakash BKR Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Sunday, 14 January 2024 06:58 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Thanks Chris, John.

Update:

Resizing code was uploaded by Kevin Ridly in the CodeXchange [ https://community.appeon.com/index.php/codeexchange/powerbuilder/268-pfc-resize-without-pfc ].   I'm using that code.

Issue 1:  

1.  The same window works fine in PB 2022 R2 build 2819   [ Already mentioned in my original post ]
2.  When we open the same window from a menu, it works perfectly.  

Tabbedview is already available in PB  2022 R2 and the same resizing was / is working perfectly.  

Issue 2:

1.  The same windows works fine in PB 2022 R2 build 2819 [ Already mentioned in my original post ]
2  When we open another instance of the same window, from the same menu, it works perfectly.  Only it fails to show buttons properly in first instance of the window.
3.  If we open another window and then open the troubled window, it works perfectly.  

So, the issue is there only when we open the window as the first.   Otherwise it works perfectly.

Still should we consider it's an issue with PFC code?

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash

Comment
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 13 January 2024 23:13 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

If you are indeed using the code/logic taken from the PFC's window resize service, and if the version of the PFC you used had not yet been modified to take into account the new MDI tabbed window object (mditbb_1), then you will have issues such as this, because the mditbb_1 object reduces the amount of usable space that is available for sheet windows in mdi_1. I recall recently seeing some posts here on the same topic, which you might want to search for and read through. IIRC this issue was noticed during the 2022 R3 beta test period.

Best regards, John

Comment
  1. Bruce Armstrong
  2. Monday, 15 January 2024 21:15 PM UTC
I think you might be thinking of the ribbonbar. There were no changes need to get the resize working correctly. The issue in 2022 R2 is that PowerBuilder wasn't sending resize messages on some operations. That was corrected in 2022 R3 and the resize service worked correctly with that fix. The one thing that did require changes was in the security service, because it needed to be able to handle the new tabbed MDI tabview bar.
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 13 January 2024 15:38 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Hi BKR;

I wonder if these issues might be PFC related as my STD Framework is not seeing these (AFAIK).

FYI: I just released the STD framework R3 beta earlier this week...  https://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass/files/Applications/PowerBuilder/OrderEntry/Beta

Food for thought.

Regards ... Chris 

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.