1. Orlando Algentera
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 26 July 2018 17:42 PM UTC

I installed PowerBuilder Standard #1769 (PWRBLDR-2017R2-1769-STD-EN), PowerServer 2017 for .Net and PowerServer Help 2017 but I need to have PowerServer Toolkit so I could try to migrate one of our application to Web.

I've read and watched that PowerServer toolkit provided in Universal Edition only, if that the case, where I can download the PB 2017 Universal Edition (Trial Version)?

I need to migrate one of our application to web using Appeon PowerServer as my POC.

Thanks for the support. :)

Accepted Answer
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 26 July 2018 20:31 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

I would suggest you wait 1 week and download PB 2017 R3.  PB 2017 R3 Universal Edition includes a development server for both web and mobile, plus has other great enhancements over R2. 

If you would like to try a fully-functional 30-day trial version you can request here it for free: https://www.appeon.com/freetrial?product=pb 

But DO NOT request the trial until you are ready to start your POC, since the 30 day count down begins from when you request the trial NOT WHEN YOU INSTALL.

As I mentioned, R3 is really the version to go with, and also this will be a long-term support version.  So if possible, please delay your POC for 1 week.

Comment
  1. Orlando Algentera
  2. Friday, 27 July 2018 07:56 AM UTC
Can I install PB2017 Universal Edition without uninstalling my licensed PB2017 Standard?
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Friday, 27 July 2018 08:15 AM UTC
Yes you can. You simply download the Universal Edition and during the install process just install the PowerServer and the PowerServer toolkit (don't install the PowerBuilder IDE). You will also need to request the trial through the Appeon website. When you do that your Standard Edition subscription will be upgraded to Universal Edition for 30 days. When you login and logout of PowerBuilder it will refresh the license and for 30 days you will have access to the Universal Edition features.
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 8 August 2018 16:51 PM UTC
Hi Orlando, PB 2017 R3 is available now. I would recommend to upgrade. The best way to do this since you have purchased Standard Edition is just request a PB 2017 R3 trial through our website and install everything (that will make it Universal Edition feature-set): https://www.appeon.com/products/appeon-powerbuilder.html After the 30 day trial period, it will disable access to the Universal Edition features, and you will have a Standard Edition but R3 version.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Orlando Algentera Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 26 July 2018 18:23 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Where could I download the Universal Edition of PB 2017?

I need a Proof of Concept that Appeon is better than Citrix in many ways.

Comment
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 26 July 2018 18:01 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Orlando;

From the install file name, it looks like you installed the Standard Edition of PB2017. In order to use PowerServer Web and/or Mobile - you will need to install the Universal Edition of PB 2017. The Universal Edition is the one that includes the PowerServer Toolkiit in the PB IDE.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Orlando Algentera
  2. Thursday, 26 July 2018 18:06 PM UTC
Hello Chris,

Where I could download the Universal Edition of PB 2017?

I need a Proof of Concept that Appeon is better than Citrix in many ways. :)

Thanks.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 26 July 2018 19:03 PM UTC
If you have purchased the Universal Edition then you can download the install for that version from your User Center's "Download" area, as follows: https://www.appeon.com/user/center/index#download

If you have not purchased PB2017 Universal Edition but would like to use the free 30 day trial version for this POC - the you can download the trial version from here (its the Universal Version BTW): https://www.appeon.com/freetrial?product=pb

HTH
  1. Helpful
  1. Orlando Algentera
  2. Friday, 27 July 2018 06:37 AM UTC
Thank you for that information.

If ever can I install both PB2017 Standard Edition and PB2017 Universal Edition on my computer?
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.