1. Luca Militello
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 5 September 2024 15:11 PM UTC
Hi, I need to generate QR codes and I saw that there are .dlls to do this.
However, I am limited to the PB 2019 R2 version, while I saw that all the tests were done with the R3.
Furthermore, I have never used SnapDevelop and if I launch it from PB environment it gives me the attached error.
I don't understand if on my PC ( Win11 installed) I have some problem with the installation of SnapDevelop or .NET, or something else...
In the meantime, can you help me understand if with this version of PowerBuilder I have any possibility of using the .DLLs
(QRCodeGenerator.dll and QRCoder.dll) that I found in some test apps on the Forum?
and other suggestions are of course appreciated.

Thanks

Luca
Attachments (1)
Bruce Armstrong Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 5 September 2024 19:17 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

The last half of this article explains how to import the DLL into PowerBuilder and use it.  You might give it a shot to see if it will work with R2.  I don't of any particular reason why it wouldn't.

https://community.appeon.com/index.php/articles-blogs/tutorials-articles/2-powerbuilder/328-generating-a-qr-code-using-qrcoder

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Francisco Martinez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 5 September 2024 15:55 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Luca,

For starters, PB 2019 R2 is not supported on Windows 11, so you might want to consider upgrading as soon as possible. Support for Windows 11 was added on PB 2022.

Second, you need to make sure you have the same .NET Runtime as the DLLs you're trying to use; and that you use the correct importer function. You can see the supporter versions here: https://docs.appeon.com/pb2019r2/application_techniques/ch20s01.html

The error you're getting on Snap Develop might be due to a corrupt installation. I suggest you try reinstalling it and opening it again.

Regards,
Francisco

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.