1. Monica Petersen
  2. PowerServer 2020 or older (Obsolete)
  3. Thursday, 25 October 2018 17:46 PM UTC

I came across a minor bug I thought I'd draw people's attention to.  I was generating a PDF (using the NativePDF) from a web app, and it worked fine running on my local machine, but not on a client machine. 

I tried a lot of things to fix it, and it got incrementally better.  At first it was blank, but then I copied PBPDF170.DLL to the application directory.  Then the labels displayed but not the data, which was puzzling.  But then I remembered that I was generating the PDF from a DataStore (doing this all during a head cold), so I changed it to use a DataWindow instead and it worked fine.

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 25 October 2018 17:56 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer 2020 or older (Obsolete)
  3. # 1

Hi Monica;

   Yes, that sounds plausible. FYI: I was just talking to a PowerServer Mobile user who have the same issue on an Android device - the PDF would not render properly via a DataStore but using a DW Control, the PDF rendered OK. I asked them to open a support ticket on this - which they did.

   I am guessing here that this might be a related problem within PowerServer Web as well as a similar technique is probably used internally to render the PDF. I would like to suggest that you also open a Support Ticket against the PS Web product for this issue. That way, engineering can make sure that its fixed in both places.

   Thank you so much for sharing your problem and especially the workaround that worked for your App! I am sure that this will help other PS developers.

Regards  ... Chris

There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :
  • 1

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.