1. Justin Perticone
  2. PowerServer 2020 or older (Obsolete)
  3. Tuesday, 8 September 2020 16:16 PM UTC

I have a DataWindow Object on a Window that switches between two DataWindows via DataObject = "d_...".  Each DataWindow has at least one column with a Validation Expression. 

I have no issues running the application in executable/desktop form.  Once deployed to PowerServer Web 2019, an issue appears.  If a column was modified and has a Validation Expression set, I am unable to successfully switch the DataObject to the other DataWindow.  The Validation Expression does validate what I want it to.  The issue occurs when the data passes the column validation and the DataObject property of the DataWindow object is re-assigned. 

Attached is an example with comments showing how the switch behaves differently on PowerServer Web vs EXE.  There is also an snippet of my Validation Expression logic for one of the DataWindows. 

If I simply remove the Validation Expression from the column I'm modifying, I no longer have any issues but now my data is not being validated.  The application plagued by this issue requires validation done here for easy maintenance of the application.   

If I call dw_1.reset() before switching the DataObject, the function calls will oddly work (data will not be displayed) for one switch but not the next.  

I have played around with a great variety of DataWindow function calls but have had no luck.  

I have confirmed my Validation Expression logic is supported by PowerServer Web. 

It seems as though once dw_1.AcceptText() runs, I'm out of luck.  If I try to rollback the change, it will only work if my rollback function is called before focus leaves the modified column that has a Validation Expression set.  In other words I can't click anywhere else before calling rollback. 

Attachments (2)
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 8 September 2020 18:21 PM UTC
  3. # 1

Please open a support ticket for bugs:  https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Justin Perticone Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 8 September 2020 19:58 PM UTC
  3. # 2
Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 8 September 2020 20:00 PM UTC
Great, thanks.
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 9 September 2020 00:34 AM UTC
  3. # 3

Hi Justin;

When switching DWO's, please try adding the following commands before the switch ...

DS/DC.ResetUpdate()
DS/DC.Reset()
DS.DC.DataObject = ""

// For the DWO switch logic - use the TAG property to control the DWO assignment

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 9 September 2020 00:56 AM UTC
Hi Chris, So you mean this is not a PowerServer bug but rather a coding issue/unsupported feature?
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.