1. mike S
  2. PowerServer
  3. Monday, 24 July 2023 14:26 PM UTC

PS 2022 

We have a user where the application is hanging.  they are able to login and get to our main menu.  But when they try to open any window the application hangs.  I can see that the application code for that window does NOT download (looking at the appdata\roaming\pbapps\applications\)

Weird thing is that the application code for the main menu and mdi window and other code DOES download (along with the exe).  They just can't open any window.

Looking at the disk in task manager, the DISK is at 100% while the PS application is trying to download.  disk free space is about 200GB.

They are using trend micro anti-virus.  

The application was just updated, so all code must be downloaded again.  

this is the only report we have for this happening for all of our users.   Only a few are using trend micro.  We are unable to have the user try on another machine or try it without trend micro.

anyone seen anything similar, especially the 100% disk activity?  That seems like what is causing the application to hang.

Accepted Answer
mike S Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Sunday, 6 August 2023 14:23 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # Permalink

Trend micro antivirus - the customer made changes to this and now everything is working.  something about temp files.  they weren't clear and the tech person never told us what the problem was.  in any case, it was not a powerserver issue, but apparently an issue with trend micro AV.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Logan Liu @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 25 July 2023 10:31 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

Hi Mike,

I haven't encountered this kind of issue yet. But here are some general suggestions. Hope to be helpful.

1) Please make sure you have digitally signed the application and the Cloud App Launcher (if not using the default one).

2) Please check if there’s any quarantine record in the security software. 

3) I can see a similar issue in community.trendmicro.com. : https://en.community.trendmicro.com/conversations/pc-security/100-disk-usage/5ed60e2572a09d210080542f

4) To verify whether this issue is related to the application, you can try demo.appeon.com/sales/ in this environment.

Regards, Logan

Comment
  1. mike S
  2. Tuesday, 25 July 2023 12:48 PM UTC
1) yes, everything is signed.

3) - i found that as well on Trend micro's site. this problem is specific to that machine and/or av setup. we have many users (using different AV) and only this one is having problems. I have no idea whether anyone else is using Trend Micro antivirus. I also wonder whether each PS object downloading as a separate file makes this slower.
  1. Helpful
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 24 July 2023 19:04 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 2

Hi,

Could it be some kind of a modal window opening on a second monitor that's not on?

regards

Comment
  1. mike S
  2. Monday, 24 July 2023 21:46 PM UTC
no
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.