1. Chris Pollach
  2. Beta Testing
  3. Tuesday, 13 July 2021 17:36 PM UTC

Hi Everyone;

I just wanted to make everyone aware that I have a beta version of a new App utility for PowerServer 2021 built from the STD Framework.  It is a utility that is the 1st version of what I hope to be a more robust "PowerServer Console" Application for PowerServer2021 and higher.

Currently, the PS Console App can only monitor and if need be kill a PS "Session". This limited functionality is currently governed by the built-in exposed "internal" web services of PS2021. I plan to expand this functionality once Appeon Engineering adds more internal web services that a PB App can query / use. Here is an example of the PS Console at work ...

The only tricky part of the coding for the PS Console App's RESTFul web service interaction was that the PS "DateTime" comes back with Time Zone data attached - which unfortunately, PB cannot handle. So I had to strip the TZ information off in order to import DT into a DWO's DT column type. However, PS's DT is GMT and thus the actual time is off compared to the PC's time. I will look into this deeper for the next release & try to compensate.

I have also updated the framework to handle a PS Server / Network outage without crashing the PS running App. This allows the App User and/or Support team to see exactly what happened as an App failure when PS crashes, does not get started, its session is killed, etc ( as in the above screen capture example ).

You can download the Beta PS Console and OrderEntry Demo Apps for PB/PS2021 as follows:

PS Console: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass/files/Applications/PowerBuilder/PS_Console/Beta/PB2021

OrderEntry: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass/files/Applications/PowerBuilder/OrderEntry/Beta/PB2021

Enjoy ... please let me know what you think & any suggestions you might have for any improvements.  ;-)

Regards ... Chris

Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 13 July 2021 19:06 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 1

I thought that PowerServer was a bunch of independent REST based web services. I didn't see anything mentioned in the tutorials about an actual server based PowerServer application that manages them like the old version had.

Comment
  1. Roland Smith
  2. Tuesday, 13 July 2021 19:20 PM UTC
Does the launcher check with an Appeon server to see how many users sessions there are verses the license?
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 13 July 2021 19:38 PM UTC
Funny you should ask ... I just asked Engineering about this aspect a few minutes ago. Along with many other PS WS questions for GA. I'll try & share their answer(s) later today or tomorrow. ;-)
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 15 July 2021 14:26 PM UTC
Hi Roland;

Here is the update from Engineering that I received last night ... these are new "expected" built-in Web Services in PS's GA edition ...

Sessioncontroller: loadall, killbyid.

TransactionController: loadall, rollbackbyid • Dynamic DB Solution and configurationcontroller: loadoneapplication, loadallapplications, editapplication, loadoneconnection, loadonegroupconnection, loadallconnection, addconnection, addconnections, editconnection, removeconnection.

StaistricsController: getrequestsummarystatistics, gettransactionsummarystatistics, getsucceedtransactionsstatustics, getfailedtransactionsstatistics,

Regards ... Chris

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
BOUNOIR ABDERRAZZAK Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 22 October 2021 13:48 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 2

Hi Chris ,

I found it difficult to deploy my application on the server with powerserver,
and after having chosen powerbuilder as my development tool, unfortunately I risk losing a large client of mine,
I am counting on your help to solve this problem by 10/26/21 at the latest because I risk losing this client.
Comment
  1. BOUNOIR ABDERRAZZAK
  2. Friday, 22 October 2021 15:10 PM UTC
Hi Chris ,

unfortunately it is the customer's IT department that requires working with powerserver it is not a personal choice otherwise I can work with other tools, so I ask how long it takes me to solve this problem.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Friday, 22 October 2021 17:01 PM UTC
So it sounds like the problem is within a "deployed" PowerServer vs your development PC?
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Friday, 22 October 2021 18:51 PM UTC
Hi Bounoir,

I suggest you refer to the following document to deploy your application to server...

https://docs.appeon.com/ps2021/tutorials.html

Especially the section on Publishing the Web APIs:

https://docs.appeon.com/ps2021/bk04ch01s07s03.html

HTH Regards... Chris
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.