1. Art Lenz
  2. PowerServer
  3. Monday, 27 February 2023 05:04 AM UTC

I'm running Appeon PowerServer 2020 Build 2323.00.

Some browsers will run my application and some continue to ask to download the Appeon multi-browser plug-in. Downloading the plug-in and installing it does not help. I also have seen bowsers run the app for a while and then start asking for the download again, and again, and again. :(

is there a solution for this? i have documented this on Edge, Chrome, and Pale Moon. 

Kai Zhao @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 28 February 2023 00:27 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

Hi Art,

The problem is probably related to the client end environment, maybe it’s because the service process AppeonMultiBrowserLauncher.exe is ended by a security tool.

The multi-browser plug-in contains the following 2 modules, which are located in %localappdata%\Appeon Multi-browser Plug-in, for example, C:\Users\appeon\AppData\Local\Appeon Multi-browser Plug-in.

1. AppeonMultiBrowserLauncher.exe.
It will be started as a service (use port 9056/11056) that listens for requests from multi-browser applications. When a user attempts to access a multi-browser application through a browser, a request is sent; and if there’s no response (meaning AppeonMultiBrowserLauncher.exe is not running), appeonbrowser.exe will be downloaded from the web server (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\appeon\weblibrary_ax\crossbrowser) again, so please don't end AppeonMultiBrowserLauncher manually.

2. AppeonMultiBrowser.exe
It is used to start application instance. There will be as many appeonMultibrowser.exe processes as there are application instances running. You can check it in the Task Manager.

So, when the problem occurs, please go to Task Manager to make sure AppeonMultiBrowserLauncher.exe is running. Please make sure the security tool on this machine will not end AppeonMultiBrowserLauncher.exe or block port 9056/11056. You can try disabling the security tool to verify and if it’s the security tool that was causing the problem, please exclude AppeonMultiBrowserLauncher.exe and port 9056/11056 in the security tool.

Regards,
Kai

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Art Lenz Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 27 February 2023 18:14 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 2

All tests have been done on Windows 10. I can repeat the failure in Chrome and Edge. The web app continues to download https://web.uccsda.org/ucanlite/multi_browser_indexs.htm. I am using the URL 'web.uccsda.org/ucanlite' and, on some machines, works and on others it just repeats the multi-browser download. 

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Monday, 27 February 2023 22:17 PM UTC
Hi Art;

There are also many changes these days to W10 (ie version 22H2), Anti-Virus and event the Web Browsers in general quite often. These changes can adversely affect the web plug-in across random App users. I would also like to suggest that you might want to look at the IWA feature instead to mitigate these ongoing vendor changes ... https://docs.appeon.com/ps2020/powerserver_toolkit_user_guide/install_iwa.html

Food for thought.

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful 1
  1. Art Lenz
  2. Wednesday, 1 March 2023 16:50 PM UTC
Thanks, Chris! I have been able to successfully deploy the IWA method on 100% of my trial machines. All of them could not reliably use the browser deployment. I only wish that I had known about this option months ago! Thanks again. It was the solution I needed.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 1 March 2023 18:10 PM UTC
That's great news Art! :-)

I think that IWA is the best way forward until you switch over to using the PS2022 "Cloud" Apps (that your currently working on)!. ;-)
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 27 February 2023 13:47 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 3

Hi Art;

If this is on W11, then this might be your problem ...

https://www.appeon.com/developers/get-help/knowledgebase/powerserver2020-application-not-work-browser-windows11-22h2

Regards ... Chris 

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Monday, 27 February 2023 16:55 PM UTC
Adding to what Chris said, Pale Moon is also not a supported Web browser. It's important to review the system requirements of the build you are using: https://docs.appeon.com/ps2020/release_bulletin_for_ps/system_requirements.html
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.