1. Steen Jakobsen
  2. Beta Testing
  3. Saturday, 18 November 2023 05:54 AM UTC

Hi all fellow PB enthusiast,

R3 beta WORKS completely stable. 

I had to convert from the legacy PBC compiler that is discontinued in R3 to PBAutoBuild. But it turns out that it cut 30% on the total compile time. So great benefit here since I had to call PBC 2 times in my previous setup. I use Roland Smiths's Bootstrap product that builds my pbl files from source. A great tool I can recommend.

Also, I have already implemented the new DropDownDataWindow validation and it works flawlessly - GREAT new feature.

THANK YOU Appeon - I think you are doing a GREAT job and my 2 PowerBuilder CloudPro subscriptions are big time worth the $

//Steen

ps. I have used PB since version 1.0b (with the dongle) back in the PowerSoft days.

Arnd Schmidt Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 18 November 2023 14:22 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 1

Hi Steen,

may I ask you why you use a 3rd party tool for creating the PBLs from source?

We are actually doing this via pbc in some projects (PB 2019 R3).

If PBAutoBuild does not support to create PBLs from the sources - I would be surprised.

regards

Arnd

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Saturday, 18 November 2023 22:06 PM UTC
PBAutoBuild does support creating PBLs. I also wonder why Steen is using 3rd party software for creating the PBLs.
  1. Helpful 1
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 18 November 2023 13:48 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 2

Hi Steen;

I agree with your observations on 2022 R3 beta as well. I've migrated my STD Framework to this release & run through various standard unit testing that I always do. I have not found any issues thus far. All my units tests were "solid" & the main Demo App works great. That's a great key test of the many various intricate functions that the framework uses. So a great start on my beta testing as well.  ;-)

Regards... Chris 

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.