1. jorge gonzalez
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 6 November 2023 22:05 PM UTC

Some of our internal clients are using Jaws and it wasn't working to well with a datawindow. Almost all the columns tab order was set to 0. 

We set the tab orders to non-zero values and jaws didn't do a very good job. Sometimes it ignores the data in the field. Sometimes what it says is completely wrong. Sometimes i click on a field with data into it and it says nothing and then I click on another field, and it says what was in the field I just left. Other programmers here have seen the same odd behavior. I've set the accessibility setting in the pb.ini file to 0-3 and it does not help. Jaws is almost catatonic when it set it to 0.

When I click on a tab control it ignores it.  I've created other datawindows and these problems all happen on them as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Note. I am running PB 2022 Build 2828 in Windows 11. 

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 6 November 2023 22:20 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Jorge;

I'm confused as JAWS was used with EAServer (circa PB 8-11.5 era) and has nothing to do with PowerServer. ????

Regards .... Chris 

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Monday, 6 November 2023 23:16 PM UTC
Hi Jorge;

Ahhh Thanks ... That clarifies it nicely.

I was thinking of JAWS = "Java As Web Service" that exposes PB NVUO's as Web services.

Versus your JAWS = "Job Access With Speech" software for the visually challenged.

If you have a good test case small PB App that replicates this issue, I would highly recommend opening a Support Ticket & attach the test case.

Regards... Chris
  1. Helpful
  1. jorge gonzalez
  2. Tuesday, 7 November 2023 03:31 AM UTC
Chris,

I managed to reach someone at the company (Vispero) that maintains this software for Freedom Scientific and he has determined that there is a problem with Jaws and how it is working with Powerbuilder and will be looking into it. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 7 November 2023 12:57 PM UTC
Thanks for the update Jorge!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.