1. Roland Smith
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 4 August 2021 19:10 PM UTC

I'm wondering when the PB 2021 release date is.

Also, is PowerClient going to continue? It is in the New wizard in the beta.

Julie Jiang @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 6 August 2021 01:42 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Benjamin, 

Sorry when we published the 2021 documentation set to the website, we have included the half-completed Release Bulletin. Release Bulletin is the last document we prepare for the release because it will contain the latest-minute information. 

Now we have uploaded a better-completed Release Bulletin to the doc site.  Please note there may still be some further details added in it it around the GA date.

Best regards, Julie

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Benjamin Gaesslein Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 5 August 2021 10:53 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Will there be proper release notes, too? The "Known Issues" part of the current release bulletin seems "a little " unfinished. :)

Comment
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 4 August 2021 20:23 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Hi Roland,

Yes, PowerClient is going to continue.  PowerClient is to take care of customers wanting to stay client/server architecture and PowerServer is to automatically convert those projects to Cloud architecture... so my point is both technologies have their place in the market.  

In fact, not only is PowerClient staying but in PowerBuilder 2021 we enhanced this feature.  Now you can automate the compile of PowerClient and integrate into CI/CD process with Git/SVN and Jenkins using the new PBAutoBuild

As far as release date of PowerBuilder/PowerServer 2021, I have good news it is already released.  We just haven't posted it in the downloads section yet because the HTML docs are not yet published to docs.appeon.com.  This should be completed around August 9th.

Best regards,
Armeen

Comment
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Thursday, 5 August 2021 04:36 AM UTC
Great news!
  1. Helpful
  1. Kevin Ridley
  2. Friday, 6 August 2021 11:45 AM UTC
Awesome!
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.