1. Luiz Marques
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 11 July 2023 14:41 PM UTC

Good Afternoon,

I have done a PowerBuilder 2019 R3 migration for a client. I was using the DBMS=SNC SQL Native Client(OLE DB) and everything was working fine. The client decided to move to SQL server 2019. They use a lot of configuration tables for everything, even for DW syntax. Doing some tests after changed the DBMS to MSOLEDBSQL SQL Server

DBMS="MSOLEDBSQL SQL Server"
servername=XXX
Database=XXX
DBParm="PROVIDER='MSOLEDBSQL',Database='TMW_TEST',TrimSpaces=1"

During a retrieve I'm getting the error 999, as below:

Checking the SQL server profiler, I can see the error is coming from the command below:

exec dbo.inbound_view N'',N'',N'',N'',N'',N'',N'',N'',N'',N'',N'',N'',N'',N'',N'',N'',N'',N'',N'BEES,ES,ESSK',N'',N'',N'',N'',N'',N'UNK',N'UNK',N'UNK',N'UNK',0,N'UNKNOWN',N'UNKNOWN',0,0,14,N'PLN,DSP,STD,CMP',N'',N'ALL',N'',N'',N'',N'',N'',N'UNK',N'UNK',N'UNK',N'UNK',0,N'',N'',0,N'',N'UNK',N'UNK',N'UNK',N'UNK',NULL,N'',N'',N'',NULL,14,14,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,N'N'

If I copy this command to SSMS, the procedure ran perfectly......... I have used the very same user that is executing the procedure, other procedures DW are working fine......... I'm stuck, I have no idea what to do anymore..........

Someone have any idea or direction ? I'm completely lost at the moment.......

POWERBUILDER VERSION=2019 R3

SQL SERVER VERSION=2019

Luiz Marques Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 12 July 2023 10:00 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Thanks John Fauss for your quickly reply. I'm going to enable the trace file. I have asked my manager about using the DBMS that we were using before, but he said that they've agreed to use the MSOLEDBSQL SQL Server for the SQL Server 2019, but I'm pretty sure that we can use the native one as I was using before. I'll try to figure out before suggesting this. 

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 11 July 2023 17:52 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi, Luiz,

I don't know why you are getting this error, but I just want to call out that you can continue to use PB's SNC database client interface... you do not HAVE to switch to MSOLEDBSQL. We use SNC in our PB 2019 R3 commercial application with SQL Server 2016 and 2019 without any issues.

Have you tried enabling the database trace file (SQLCA.DBMS="TRACE MSO")? It may give you some insight as to the problem that is occurring.

Best regards, John

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.