1. Jhonns Salas
  2. Beta Testing
  3. Wednesday, 7 October 2020 16:58 PM UTC

Hello,

I am trying to test PowerBuilder 2019 R3, but the installer has an malware in it.

I tried to install it in my work computer, and it presented an error.

Then, i tried to install it in my personal computer, the Panda Antivirus catch the malware.

I send the case to Panda, and they later send a message telling me that the malware is inoffensive,

then i was able to install PB in my computer.

The situation is that i need install PB 2019 R3 in my office to start testing it,

but i cannot install it meanwhile there is any type of viruses.

I am very interested in this version, because maybe the new driver for SQL may help us to solve a situation that we have with the database connection and performance with MS SQL Server.

Thanks,

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 7 October 2020 17:05 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 1

Hi Jhonns;

We test our installer with 10 of the most popular AV software being used. Unfortunately, Panada is not one of those. In our tests thus far, the 10 tested AV's do not complain and let the installer proceed.

The other alternative is to request that the installer work offline. That is to download the install files, then let you run them from File Explorer where you can then use the run "As Admin" option.  HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 7 October 2020 17:31 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 2

Hi Jhonns,

There is no malware in the PowerBuilder product itself.  This is a false positive.

It is safe to install PowerBuilder, and you can switch your anti-virus to one of the top 10 and confirm: https://www.windowscentral.com/best-antivirus-software

Best regards,
Armeen

Comment
Jhonns Salas Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 7 October 2020 18:29 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 3

Hello Chris, Armeen,

The situation is :

In my personal computer i have Panda antivirus, and later an examination they determined that the installer was not harmful, then i proceed to install the PB 2019 R3,

in the company is installed Norton Antivirus, and this AV is not allowing the installation.

Once the AV is disabled, the installer is showing an error again.

Is there another way to install this version?

Thanks and regards,

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 7 October 2020 18:45 PM UTC
Hi Jhonns;

The other alternative is to request that the installer work offline. That is, to download the install files and then let you run them from File Explorer where you can then use the run "As Admin" option. Note that Norton AV should not be an issue but this could be because of an MS-Windows "policy" setting as well. You might want to check with your organizations network team on this.

If the above does not work, then open an Appeon Support Ticket and the Support Team will help you get the install files via FTP.

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 7 October 2020 20:19 PM UTC
The installer is an online installer. Maybe Norton security settings is not allowing it to connect to our servers to download the necessary files. I recommend talking with your IT admin to adjust your Norton settings so you can do development work properly.
  1. Helpful
  1. Thursday, 8 October 2020 01:28 AM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 4

Chris,  Ameen,

From my point of view, the best solution, it is the use a FTP server for this installation.

The company has a very strong security rules, IT does not want modify at all.

I also want to test the use of the themes with this version, due in PB 2019 R2, it was not possible.

Let me know your observations.

Thanks and regards,

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 8 October 2020 01:52 AM UTC
That's why using the Appeon Installer's offline mode to download the install files & then copy them to a file server on your network is the same as the FTP approach.

The trial mode though only uses online licensing. This means that Port 443, HTTPS, and the URLs .... api.appeon.com & api2.appeon.com must be enabled in your firewalls.
  1. Helpful
  1. Monday, 12 October 2020 20:02 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 5

Hello,

With your directions I was able to install PowerBuilder 2019 R3, the installation was succesfull.

A question, in this version, where is the themes folder located?

Thanks and regards,

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Monday, 12 October 2020 21:18 PM UTC
Hi Jhonns;

It should be a sub-folder underneath the "Shared" where PB is installed.

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.