1. Haihong Yang
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 8 February 2022 18:41 PM UTC

Hi, 

We have project that using MS TFS for source control, and using PowerGen to build the project. Recently we upgraded from PowerBuilder 2019 Build2170 to PowerBuilder 2019 R3 build2728. In the development environment, we create local work space from TFS, copy the pbls that created by PowerGen. Then open the PowerBuilder IDE to edit the file. With PowerBuilder Upgrade, the PowerGen version is PowerGen129.exe, which corresponding to the PowerBuilder 2019 R3.  

Now with the new version of PowerBuilder IDE, after we copy the pbls, and open the workspace in IDE, the IDE always pop up following message 

"The version you used to full build  the target  is different from current IDE Version(19.2.02728). Do you want to full build it using the new IDE version?"

I guess the pbls that built by PowerGen is different from IDE version. But when can I check?

Regards

Haihong

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 8 February 2022 18:51 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Haihong ;

PB 2019 R3 is quite different than earlier PB2019 versions as it now "decouples" the PB Runtime from the IDE. You can check the current PB runtime that the IDE wants to use by looking in the System Options dialogue. PowerGen needs to understand the new decoupled runtime and compile the PB Apps accordingly. You might need a newer PG version and/or some reconfiguration on your current version. I would contact the PG vendor's support team for help in this area.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 8 February 2022 19:09 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

The source code of the application object now has a property that tells the IDE the most recent version/build. You need to do a check-in of the application object with this property set.

global type basicwebservice from application
string appname = "basicwebservice"

... other properties ...

string appruntimeversion = "21.0.0.1311"
end type
global basicwebservice basicwebservice

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.