1. Kelly Amott
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 6 February 2020 17:08 PM UTC

I installed PB 2019 a week ago. Because of various DB connection issues I am facing I thought I'd reinstall PB. I tried to uninstall via Control Panel but I got an error and then the app disappeared from Programs and Features.

The online installer recognizes a current install and won't let me reinstall.

I downloaded the offline installer and started that up. This recognizes the current install but says "This setup can only be applied to the English edition of Powerbuilder 2019. Setup will now terminate because you are trying to apply it to the Japanese edition." 

Ideas?

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 14 April 2020 16:09 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Everyone;

FYI: Here is the advice that I gave to Kelly that fixed his issue .....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please try *deleting* the following registry entry using the REGEDIT utility ...
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Sybase\PowerBuilder\19.0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 6 February 2020 18:03 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Kelly, Please open a support ticket and one of the Appeon support staff will help you.  To get this efficiently solved, the support staff will need remote access to your machine.

Comment
  1. Stacey Baxter
  2. Tuesday, 14 April 2020 14:52 PM UTC
Can you please provide what Registry change was needed to correct this, because I am having the exact same issue. Thanks.
  1. Helpful
  1. Stacey Baxter
  2. Tuesday, 14 April 2020 15:48 PM UTC
Thanks Chris! Looks like that worked. Although I didn't realize in deleting that, I would have to do a full install of PB 2019 build 2082 again, and then apply the MR 2170 installation, but it all worked out in the end. Thanks again.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 14 April 2020 16:08 PM UTC
Awesome .. thanks for the feedback!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.