1. Eugene Levin
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 22 January 2020 22:39 PM UTC

I'm using PowerBuilder 2017 R3

I have a problem with PowerBuilder new SaveAs to PDF feature using NativePDF. It is not retaining Unicode/UTF-16 Characters. They being dropped off. I’m using the following:

 NativePDF! Method for PDf format on the datawindow and following SaveAs command:

 lds_invoice.SaveAs(ls_invoice_path, PDF!, TRUE)

 Any help on getting unicode/utf-16 (Japanese) characters to retain/display in PDF?


Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 23 January 2020 21:00 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Eugene et Al;

  FYI: This is also the PDF format that you need to use when building a PDF file from a native PB App that will be sent to a mobile device.

Regards ... Chris

There are no comments made yet.
Eugene Levin Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 23 January 2020 04:50 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

I've managed to fix the issue by selecting a PDF conformance. Previously it was None (0). I've set it to PDF/A-1a (1) and it is working fine. 

  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 23 January 2020 12:56 PM UTC
Thanks for sharing the solution!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :
  • 1

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.