1. Peter Huynh
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 27 November 2018 16:06 PM UTC

Hello, 

I was able to create my PBL files from the objects that were in my ws_objects folder. However, when I try to open the workspace in PowerBuilder I get a prompt to migrate the target. 

Is it possible to set a version via orca script so that after building a PBL using orcascr170.exe and opening the workspace up in PowerBuilder you won't have to migrate the target? 

Here is the orca script I'm using for reference: 

start session
scc set connect property localprojpath "C:\Repositories\testing-pbr3"
scc connect offline
scc set target "C:\Repositories\testing-pbr3\code\application\src\test.pbt" refresh_all importonly
scc refresh target 3pass
scc close
end session

Mariano Collado @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 27 November 2018 22:46 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Good day,

Could it be that you're using mismatching versions of PowerBuilder and of the Appeon AutoCompiler?

You can verify this easily by going to your installed programs and checking that the product versions match. Please refer to the attached image.

To update your AutoCompiler, simply run the AutoCompile.exe (from a machine that has the appropriate version of PowerBuilder installed).

This .exe is located by default in C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder 17.0\AutoCompiler

Cordially,

Mariano C.

Attachments (1)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Peter Huynh Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 30 November 2018 16:53 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

What's the difference between using the AutoCompile.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder 17.0\AutoCompiler vs using the pbc170.exe and orcascr170.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder

Comment
Mariano Collado @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 6 December 2018 17:01 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

The AutoCompile.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder 17.0\AutoCompiler serves as the installer for PBC and ORCA, which are the standalone compilers which function using DOS commands on Windows. This file can be shared with other machines to install the standalone compilers there.

The pbc170.exe and orcascr170.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder are the executables for both PBC and ORCA, however, there is no use in executing them, as they can only be used though DOS commands.

Keep in mind that when you install PowerBuilder, these compilers are also installed on that machine.

Mariano C.

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.