1. Tom Peters
  2. Beta Testing
  3. Thursday, 17 October 2024 12:57 PM UTC

Good Day!

I am trying to migrate my PB22 R3 source to PB25 Beta. I consistently get this error:

---------- Compiler: Errors (8:51:31 AM)
pfemain.pbl(m_master).m_.Forward Declarations.183: Error C0031: Syntax error
---------- Finished Errors (8:51:31 AM)
---------- Elapsed: 00:00.302

When I do a DIFF between what's in my PFEMAIN versus what's in my SCM, it shows no differences. I have tried restoring my source and re-migrating. I have even fully rebuilt my PBLs into PB22 R3 and then tried migrating again. Same issue.

Now, full disclosure; Yesterday I was able to open my PB22 R3 source in the PB25 IDE and the migration worked. Things seemed to start going sour once I tried to rebuild my PB25 source using Orca and PBAutoBuild with the /pbc switch. I cannot confirm this is the issue because, as mentioned, I have fully restored all my source to PB22 R3 and tried migrating using the PB25 IDE. Same errors over and over, even though the source is the same.

Is there some setting in PB.INI or my Registry I need to reset?

Thanks,

Tom

kitty he @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 18 October 2024 03:16 AM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 1

Hi Tom,

1. From 2022 R3 to 2025, did you do anything between the initial failure and the first success?
  2. After successfully migrating to 2025, what specific actions did you take that led to the code issue?
  3. The settings for the INI file and registry items should not need to be changed.

Please submit a bug report to help us record and track the issue.

https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug

Regards,

Kitty

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.