1. Robert Carlson
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 31 May 2024 18:49 PM UTC

I am trying to set up pbautobuild for our application to automate our compiling process. After getting it set up, and cleaning up some out of sync .PBG files (which were giving me "file not found" errors), it appears to be getting stuck at this "Calling cm_rebuild_application" step. In the picture below, it has been sitting at this point for almost an hour, and it doesn't look like there is any CPU activity coming from the autobuild process. Our compiles usually take about 20-30 minutes in the PB IDE. We are using TFS for source control and I am calling get latest using the tf.exe before attempting the build with pbautobuild. Any ideas as to why this is happening would be appreciated.

Robert Carlson Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 1 June 2024 18:17 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

I figured this out. Turns out the path to the "ExecutableFileName" in the build JSON was invalid. After I fixed that, the process completed without getting stuck or producing any errors.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 1 June 2024 08:49 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi,

Make sure Visual Studio isn't running when you use TF.EXE to do a getlatest.

regards.

Comment
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Saturday, 1 June 2024 17:07 PM UTC
ok, that was just in case.

regards
  1. Helpful
  1. Robert Carlson
  2. Saturday, 1 June 2024 18:15 PM UTC
Thanks for the reply! I think I got it figured out. The path to may application in the build json was wrong. After I fixed that, it ran through the whole process without any errors.
  1. Helpful 1
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Saturday, 1 June 2024 19:22 PM UTC
Hi Robert;

Thanks for posting the update & solution - that is great news!

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.