1. Pierre Couvreur
  2. Beta Testing
  3. Tuesday, 15 October 2024 09:24 AM UTC

Hi,

Opening a main window within an mdi frame with opensheet() doesn't display anything. However, it appears in the opened windows list in the MDI frame's menu.

The same window is displayed when opened with open().

Running on Windows 11 Enterprise.

Than you !

Window opened with open() function :

Same window opened with opensheet() function not displayed but shown in menu's windows list :

Who is viewing this page
Pierre Couvreur Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 16 October 2024 14:32 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 1

I sure did something wrong during the migration process to 2025Beta because the mdi window source code was missing mdirbb_1 and mditbb_1 declarations. 

I checked the properties TabbedView and DisplayMenuAsRibbonBar in the MDI windows, tried to save it, got compiler errors, unchecked the same properties, tried to save again with success. Afterward everything works fine...

Thank you for you help, you pointed me to the right direction.

Pierre

Comment
  1. Mark Lee @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 17 October 2024 02:34 AM UTC
Hi Pierre,

After upgrading the old PB code to PB 2025, if the current MDI/MDIHelp window's source code contains a declaration of mdi_1, the declarations for mdirbb_1 and mditbb_1 will be automatically added. Additionally, performing a full build of your application will also execute this operation. The issue occurs only if the mdi_1 declaration in the source code is manually added and contains extra spaces (non-standard format), which prevents the system from recognizing it and results in the failure to automatically add the mdirbb_1 and mditbb_1 declarations.

If your actual situation does not match what I described, I recommend opening a support ticket and providing your test case for this: https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug.

Regards,

1. Helpful
  1. Pierre Couvreur
  2. Thursday, 17 October 2024 08:23 AM UTC
Hi Mark,

Thank you for the explanations.

However, after migration and full build, the declarations are still :

forward

global type w_mdiframe from window

end type

type mdi_1 from mdiclient within w_mdiframe

end type

end forward

Will try to make a test case.

Pierre
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 16 October 2024 14:10 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 2

Hi, Pierre -

Does your app attempt to restore the last known position/size of a sheet window when it opens? If so, perhaps it is erroneously restoring the sheet position outside of the viewable region of the mdi_1 client area, similar to what can happen if you try to restore the position of an app on a single-monitor workstation when it was last run in a multi-monitor environment. To check this, temporarily have the sheet window post a MessageBox function call that displays the window's X,Y position from the window's Open event.

Best regards, John

Comment
  1. Pierre Couvreur
  2. Wednesday, 16 October 2024 14:35 PM UTC
Hi John,

Thank for your suggestion ! Eventually the issue was a migration one (see my last comment).

Thank you again !

Pierre
  1. Helpful
  1. John Fauss
  2. Wednesday, 16 October 2024 14:51 PM UTC
That's great news, Pierre! Thanks for letting us know how you resolved it. Would you please take a moment and mark this thread as resolved?
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 16 October 2024 12:27 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 3

Hi Pierre;

FWIW: I've converted about 6 MDI apps in my beta testing and all the sheets are opening ok.

Regards ... Chris 

Comment
  1. Pierre Couvreur
  2. Wednesday, 16 October 2024 12:35 PM UTC
Hi Chris,

I have little doubt now that there is something wrong somewhere in my software, I'm looking for...

Pierre
  1. Helpful
Pierre Couvreur Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 16 October 2024 07:05 AM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 4

Hi Chris,

Ho right, sorry !

But actually I (badly) created this limited test application to show the problem I have with a real mdi application which do not break that rule. That real application has been working from PB 7 to PB2022 R3, but breaks in PB2025 beta.

The real application where I "opensheet" 3 windows that don't show but are well in the opened windows' list :

Anyway I'll try to make another test application wich does not break the rule(s) ;-)

Pierre

Comment
  1. John Fauss
  2. Wednesday, 16 October 2024 11:33 AM UTC
It would help us to be able to help you if you would please attach the zipped example app instead of only posting a screen image, so that we can try to determine what is happening.
  1. Helpful
  1. Pierre Couvreur
  2. Wednesday, 16 October 2024 11:54 AM UTC
Hi John,

Of course but so far I don't succed in reproducing the problem in a small test application :-(

Pierre
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 15 October 2024 19:18 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 5

Hi Pierre;

Unfortunately, You broke rule # 1 out of 7 (on how not to screw up an MDI App).

Rule #1 - No controls on the surface of an MDI window!   ;-)

Regards .. Chris

Comment
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 15 October 2024 18:45 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 6

Hi Pierre, Can you open a support ticket and provide your test case for this?  https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.