1. Devi Rajalakshmi
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 15 July 2024 12:04 PM UTC

Hi All,

Currently I'm migrating one of our application from PB12 to Appeon PB2019 R3 version. In our current live version which was build in PB12, I don't see any issues while closing the application But after migrating to PowerBuilder 2019 R3 a particular application the application is running in the background even though we close. It is available in the Task Manager. Only if we end in Task Manager it is getting closed and then we are able to log in again. 

Can anybody tell me where to check and how to get rid from this issue? If anybody had similar kind of experience, please share the resolution you handled for your application.

Kindly help me on this issue to find the root cause.

Thanks & Regards,

D. Devi

Devi Rajalakshmi Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 16 July 2024 12:10 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the suggestion. We have checked in the Task Manager there are no waiting for application. Kindly suggest any other solution. Also regarding PB2022 currently all other applications are in 2019 R3 only and hence we have to stick to 2019 R3 version.

Thanks & Regards,

D. Devi

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 16 July 2024 19:35 PM UTC
Hi Devi;

That is very unusual! The next thing you might want to consider would be an Application Trace.

Regards .. Chris
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 15 July 2024 13:38 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Devi;

In Task Manager, use the RMB on the PB App. Then select "Goto Details". In there, you can see what the task is "waiting" for. This might give you a clue.

FWIW: PB 2019 is almost at EOL. I would suggest migrating to PB 2022 R3 instead. Also, that release is also W11 compliant where 2019 is not. Food for thought.

Regards ... Chris 

Comment
  1. Andreas Mykonios
  2. Tuesday, 16 July 2024 12:31 PM UTC
By the way, PB 2019 R3 is currently marked as EOMM "No sooner than 2026.01.22"... EOL should arrive later.

Andreas.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.