1. Gerry Whitmarsh
  2. Beta Testing
  3. Tuesday, 22 January 2019 09:03 AM UTC

Hi,

After installing 2018 Beta, I do as I always have done, I place all my images in a resource folder and add this path to the PB180.EXE path in the registry. The problem is that none of the images are displayed. There are no hard-coded paths for the icons. I just know I am going to feel foolish, but I have to ask; what am I forgetting? PB2017 and previous versions work fine.

TIA,

Gerry.

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 22 January 2019 20:32 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 1

Hi Gerry;

Please open a PB2019 Beta#1 support ticket for this issue.

https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug

Many thanks in advance!

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Gerry Whitmarsh
  2. Tuesday, 22 January 2019 21:39 PM UTC
Hi Chris,

I am attempting to open a ticket but keep getting "Internal error 32000. Please contact support@appeon.com".

I will try again tomorrow.

Cheers,

Gerry.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 23 January 2019 18:29 PM UTC
Thanks Gerry, I'll keep an eye out for your ticket!

FWIW: I have noticed this issue many times when I have personally added a new ticket. For me, it seems to be defining a new ticket while adding bulk text or an attachment at the same time. If I just create the basic ticket 1st - then add more comments and attachments after the ticket is created, the system seems to like that better (no errors).
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 22 January 2019 21:10 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 2

I also use the App Path in the registry to set my graphics folder.

We are currently on 12.5 and I noticed that if the folder name has a period in it, it can't find the images.

Comment
Ken Guo @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 23 January 2019 03:00 AM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 3

Hi Gerry,

#1. Regarding the icon not displaying issue.

I did not reproduce it locally on my machine. I tested it in the Picture Control after I added the image folder path to the registry and found it directly displayed the image files in the Image Folder.

Did you relaunch PB 2018 after you added the path to the registry? You will need to relaunch PB or you may try to do a machine reboot and see if it works.

If there’s still the issue, please try again to open a ticket in https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug and let us know the value of your HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\pb180.exe\Path in the ticket.

#2. Regarding the internal error 32000.

you may either try it on a different web browser or try to relaunch the current web browser to resolve it. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Ken

Comment
  1. Gerry Whitmarsh
  2. Wednesday, 23 January 2019 08:24 AM UTC
Hi Ken, thanks for the reply.

This morning, still an issue. I moved the path to the front of the registry entry just in case the string was for some reason too long, but it doesn't help. I have now managed to open a ticket so fingers crossed.

Regards,

Gerry.
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.