1. Nitin Tripathi
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 4 December 2019 16:50 PM UTC

Hello All,

Appeon PB2017 on Citrix shows black screen while processing huge data in background and user tries to move the window whereas with previous versions of powerbuilder (sybase PB's) we used to get either Waiting or 'Not Responding'.
Considering the User Experience, It is annoying to see the black screen every now and then, whereas the Waiting is much better user experience.

So, my question would be like, has anyone encountered the Black Screen on Citrix with Appeon PB2017R2?
If yes, what is the resolution? 

Marco Meoni Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 6 December 2019 08:46 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Nitin,

I also experienced the black screen issue. In our test, it only happens when the application is in full-screen mode and when it is running heavy DB queries. We prepared a Citrix image that includes the PowerBuilder IDE in order to debug the application and identify the actual lines of code that cause black screen/spot. I suggest you do the same.

We had a Citrix expert tuning Citrix settings without any noticeable effect on the black screen issue.

Overall, our tests proved that black screen issues are not due to PowerBuilder and are very well known in the Citrix community according to Google searches. Solutions range from Windows and/or Citrix patches to client setting for screen scaling to 100%.

Best,

.m

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 4 December 2019 16:54 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Nitin;

Does your application ...

1) Disable the current dialog.

2) Set the Mouse Pointer for the user to wait. For example: SetPointer (HourGlass!)

3) Display a progress bar during the long processing cycle?

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Nitin Tripathi
  2. Wednesday, 4 December 2019 17:40 PM UTC
Hello Chris,

It is doing nothing as such at current place. We have Mouse Pointer to HourGlass! but after the window closure.

In addition to my question, when i investigated it further, i found, before window gets close, we have a oracle query and it was stuck on execution 'USING SQLCA;'. Since there was no, HourGlass!, user was able to drag and move the window and resulted in black screen.

Thanks,

Nitin T.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.