1. Frank Turro
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 18 October 2023 19:24 PM UTC

I've loaded PB 2022 R2 and when I went to set up source control, PB Native is not showing up in the list.  I saw another post for the same problem in PB2017 and the solution was to make sure there was an entry in the registry (which I have checked and it is in there).  Also, I did not do a custom install of Powerbuilder, I took all of the defaults, which I'm assuming that PB Native is installed by default.  

I also did try a re-install, but the options for PB IDE, PB Utilities and PowerServer toolkit are greyed out with a message saying they are already installed.

Any idea as to why this option would not be showing up in the list?

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 18 October 2023 20:17 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Frank;

Yes, it should be there ... it is for me on all of my W10 & W11 machines, as follows:

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Frank Turro
  2. Thursday, 19 October 2023 13:04 PM UTC
The help section I read on setting up source control says to open Library Painter, then select Entry…Source Control...

On that window, PB Native does not appear on the dropdown. I didn't realize I had to go into the workspace properties to set up a profile.

PB Native is available as an option there. Thanks.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 19 October 2023 14:53 PM UTC
Hi Frank;

Yes, the WS is the right place. I am not sure why the Library Painter was referenced for that. :-(

This is the proper way to do SCC in PB since PB 8.0 when the WS object & the new SCC features were added. ;-)

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.