1. Dean Markley
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 9 March 2021 20:16 PM UTC

I've installed PB 2019 R2 along side of PowerBuilder 11.5 as we are transitioning to 2019 R2. Every time I go into PB 11.5 I now get a message:

To upgrade to the current PB Native release:

Open a DOS box, make Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder your current directory, and run REGSVR32 PBNAT115.DLL

Is this going to be an issue with checking in/out objects in our multi-developer environment? It seems that both PB11.5 and 2019 R2 are trying to use the same registry entry? I don't want to corrupt any of my objects, so looking for some guidance here.

Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 9 March 2021 20:40 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

This is a normal message when using PB Native with two different versions of PB.

The PB Native source control hasn't changed in a long time so PB 12.5 should be fine using a PB 2019 version of it.

That being said, you should start planning on moving to PB 2019.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 9 March 2021 20:23 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Dean;

I have PB 11.5.1, 12.1, 12.5.1, 12.6, 2017 & 2019 all on the same PC with no issues.

After installing any new PB release though, make sure that the path to each IDE is mapped properly in the O/S's "System Path". Note that some DLL's are not numbered, so make sure that the higher PB version paths are first in the System Path.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 9 March 2021 20:22 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

I recommend you use PB 2019 R3.  It is long term support version, many valuable features over R2, and more bug fixes.  We separated the runtime from the IDE so maybe this issue will get resolved if you use latest version.  https://www.appeon.com/developers/powerbuilder-release-history.html

In terms of installing, you should do a full uninstall of R2 instead of upgrading over R3 just to be safe since you have this conflict.

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.