1. Steen Jakobsen
  2. Beta Testing
  3. Saturday, 19 October 2024 06:47 AM UTC

In a PBD compiled version (32bit) resource pictures are not displayed although there are the corresponding pbr files (no changes to the working PB22R3 application).

Ken: I have reproduced this problem locally and I will submit a bug to the development team.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is a showstopper and I will not engage in testing for now.

When will this be fixed and hence when will there be a new beta drop ?

Thank you

Steen

Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 19 October 2024 17:07 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 1

Hi Steen,  If you like the direction we are taking PB 2025 with the new features then I would suggest you continue testing see if there is any other showstopper issues.  Otherwise how do we know there is not another showstopper issue for you that is lurking undiscovered?  If you stop testing and in next beta version there is another showstopper issue for you, at that point we get into tough situation that either we must delay PB 2025 release or release subpar product. So whole point of beta is getting real-life situations/apps tested against the product so we can address it in time for a final release.

Comment
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Saturday, 19 October 2024 18:30 PM UTC
Once upon a time, companies would test their products before releasing them. They would apologize for any bugs. Microsoft taught the world you can get away with having your customers doing the testing for you.

1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Sunday, 20 October 2024 15:34 PM UTC
We always do try to best of our abilities to test, and if we cannot fix a bug we document it so at least customers know what they are walking into to. I do apologize to you Miguel and any other developer who thinks our best is seriously problematic. But beyond an apology we are not capable to do anything more because I know for a fact our team takes the product very seriously and everybody we have works very hard.
  1. Helpful 1
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Sunday, 20 October 2024 23:29 PM UTC
Hi Armeen,

The company I work for is realy realy bad at testing, but not because of me, so I'm not blaming anyone. There's bugs that are really difficult to find, but some of the bugs look like really no one ever ran the programme a single time.

Cheers.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 19 October 2024 12:46 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 2

Hi Steen;

I am doing the same thing with my STD Framework's Apps in 2022R3 & migrating them over to 2025 both WS &. then a Solution. The framework relies on various image types embedded in PBD's. Thus far, I am not having your problem. All the images are being used in the correct manner from a PBD. 

I think that it might be related to something simple like the way your setup, files being write protected, folder structure, et.c (just my guess). Of course it's hard to say without having access to your setup.

If you can create a simple PB app test case though that verifies this pbd / pbr issue, then please open a Support ticket.

HTH

Regards ... Chris 

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.