1. Miguel Alzate
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 14 March 2023 16:10 PM UTC

Greetings to all.

After setting and connecting my workspace to PB native Source Control, the PB 2022 IDE closed automatically and, from then on, I can't open it again because it closes immediately as soon as I try to open the workspace.

Any clue what may be happening?

Accepted Answer
Miguel Alzate Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 14 March 2023 19:54 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hello Chris.

I did what you told me, but it didn't work. However, I was exploring other registry entries and set the value “0” to the item Logging under the key Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Sybase\PowerBuilder\22.0\Workspace\<MyWorkSpace>.pbw\SourceControl (where “<MyWorkSpace>” is the name of the conflicting workspace) and this fixed the problem.

This means that the error occurs when the Log All Activity checkbox is checked in the Source Control tab of the Properties of WorkSpace dialog box. I'll post a ticket for this inconsistency to be reviewed.

Thanks again!

Comment
  1. Miguel Alzate
  2. Tuesday, 14 March 2023 20:15 PM UTC
Perhaps it has to do with the OS version. In my case, it is Windows 10 Pro. I'm also running the IDE as administrator. We'll see if someone else reports the issue.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 14 March 2023 20:21 PM UTC
FYI: This Native SCC crash issue has been also reported in ticket # 9188. However, the developer reported the problem solved when they upgraded to the latest build 1892 of PB 2022. HTH
  1. Helpful 2
  1. Miguel Alzate
  2. Tuesday, 14 March 2023 20:29 PM UTC
You're absolutely right. The issue was fixed in that build.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 14 March 2023 17:22 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Miguel;

Typically, that problem is a Painter Layout issue. Especially, if you have the IDE set to "open the WorkSpace & Last Painter used" as part of your IDE settings. Please try the following ...

1. Open the O/S's RegEdit utility
  2. Navigate to the "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Sybase\PowerBuilder\22.0\Layout" registry entry
  3. Delete the sub-folder "Default" and all of its entries
  4. Now try & restart your PB 2022 IDE.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.