1. Martin Kaltenböck
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 24 February 2021 11:31 AM UTC

Hello,

I recently migrated my application from PB 2017 R3 (1880) to PB 2019 R3 (2670).

One issue is that PB crashes if a context menu is populated with the PopMenu(x,y) function.

The crash happens only in the runtime version, not when I start it from the IDE.

The crash happens directly when executing the PopMenu-Function.

After some trial I found out, that it works again after removing the icon from the MenuImage-property (from all menu entries).

Usually i use resource images (*.ico) and the built in stock images as well.

I then tried to use only the stock images like Save! and Insert3! They show up correctly in the menu painter put crash when executed in the compiled version.

Has anybody experienced that issue?

Can it have to do with the deployed runtime files (maybe a file is missing, where the stock images are contained)?

Thank you for any help!

Martin

Accepted Answer
René Ullrich Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 24 February 2021 12:14 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hi Martin,

Yes, I can reproduce the problem if pbresource.dll is missing. Have you deployed it?

René

Comment
  1. Martin Kaltenböck
  2. Wednesday, 24 February 2021 13:14 PM UTC
Thank you Rene!

That was exactly the problem.

I didn't recognize, that there are new core runtime files. After deploying it, the error has gone.

BTW there is one another new runtime file pbsysfunc.dll. I also deployed this one.

1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 24 February 2021 18:27 PM UTC
Hi Martin;

Yes, the "pbsysfunc" DLL is also required. These an other DLL's are documented in the PB Help. Use the keyword search "runtime" and follow the "PowerBuilder runtime files" link to where the help describes all the deployment files required by feature.

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.

There are replies in this question but you are not allowed to view the replies from this question.