1. René Ullrich
  2. PowerBuilder Beta
  3. Monday, 25 November 2019 08:30 AM

Hi,

We have to show a webpage in our application that requires basic authentication.

How can I specify the basic authentication information for the request headers in the new WebBrowser control?

Regards,

René

Balu Krishnasamy Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 27 March 2020 01:56 AM
  2. PowerBuilder Beta
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo

René Ullrich - Thank you for bringing this up. We are on the same boat as well. We send a Base 64 Encoded credential on the old MS web browser control and there is no way to do that in 2019 R2 yet.

Chris, really appreciate, if you have an update on this ticket.

Thanks guys! 

Comment
Hi Balu ... It's now on Engineering's ToDo list but no commitment from them yet as to when. Appeon is super busy in the background rolling out PB2019 R2 this week and next. So I suspect that Engineering has not even a chance to look at this yet. They will be reviewing all these enhancement requests shortly and will then decide what features / enhancements that will be doing for PB2019 R3. I suspect that any updating (communication) about your enhancement will be through the ticket system. Also ATM, I have no date for R3 (just in case you were going to ask about that next).

Regards ... Chris
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 2 April 2020 19:20 PM
Chris - Appreciate your update and the team's effort in rolling out R2. I really hope it gets picked for R3 & R3 coming out soon :). Thank you very much indeed!
  1. Balu Krishnasamy
  2. Thursday, 2 April 2020 22:17 PM
There are no comments made yet.
René Ullrich Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 26 November 2019 06:32 AM
  2. PowerBuilder Beta
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo

Hi Roland and Chris,

I created a support ticket.

Thank you!

René

Comment
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 25 November 2019 18:47 PM
  2. PowerBuilder Beta
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo

Hi René;

I do not believe that this is currently supported. Please create a PB2019 R2 beta Support Ticket outlining this deficiency so that Appeon Engineering can address this issue. You have a good point.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
Hi René;

I saw your ticket today and transferred it to Engineering. I do not believe that the R2 version of the control has this capability. However, it does not mean that the next January beta might not. Let's see how Engineering responds to your question as they know the upcoming features that are currently not in the R2 beta "preview" release.

Regards ... Chris
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 26 November 2019 17:13 PM
@Chris Pollach, Thank you for forwarding it to Engineering. Would you happen to know when this will be available?
  1. Balu Krishnasamy
  2. Thursday, 2 April 2020 13:22 PM
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 25 November 2019 11:18 AM
  2. PowerBuilder Beta
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo

Since it is based on Chromium, it will be compatible with the Chrome browser.

For your specific question about headers, I'm not sure what that has to do with the upcoming browser control, that is something usually done when calling a web service via HTTPClient.

Comment
Hi Roland,

if I try to call a webpage that requires basic authentication with the new webbrowser control I get back a 401 (Unauthorized) page because of missing basic authentication. (Microsoft Webbrowser control shows a dialog to enter the credentials is this case.)

I want to specify the credentials anyway programmatically so I can access the website using the new browser control.
  1. René Ullrich
  2. Monday, 25 November 2019 11:24 AM
You should email the product manager product@appeon.com and explain the business case and how you think it should work.
  1. Roland Smith
  2. Monday, 25 November 2019 14:18 PM
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.