1. jorge gonzalez
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 21 November 2023 19:49 PM UTC

I cannot get PB 2019 - PB 2022 to work on my new Apple M3 Max. I am running Windows 11 in Parallels on my Mac. It used to work on my Apple M1 Mac.

PB 2019 - 2022 comes up but nothing works. When I click on the about menu option I get a message that says:

Application terminated.

Error: Error calling external function %s at line 14 in constructor event of object u_sizegrip. 

When I click on the about menu option again it says none twice where the version info should appear.

I did manage to install the universal edition of PB 2017 R3 Build 1858. It works

Note. I did have Visual studio running in Windows 11. I removed it and PB still does not work.

Thanks

jorge gonzalez Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 21 November 2023 19:59 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

I was running PB 2017 - PB 2022 in Parallels on my Mac , which allows me to run Windows and other operating systems.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 21 November 2023 19:54 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Jorge;

Your MAC must have an Intel processor in order for the PB IDE and/or runtime to work. Is that you case or is your MAC using a different processor?

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. jorge gonzalez
  2. Wednesday, 22 November 2023 00:31 AM UTC
I don't believe this. I saved off the old Windows 11 PVM file from Parallels and installed it on the new M3 machine soon after I got the M3. It did not seem to work. I just tried it again because I was desperate and Windows 11 opened up and PB 2019 - 2022 R2 work. My Oracle 2019 database even comes up on the new Apple M3 machine :)

It's a miracle :)
  1. Helpful
  1. jorge gonzalez
  2. Wednesday, 22 November 2023 03:02 AM UTC
Thanks for all your help this year. Have a great Thanksgiving , Christmas, and New Years!
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 22 November 2023 03:08 AM UTC
Happy holidays!!!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.