1. David Vasconcelos
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 17 May 2018 19:01 PM UTC

I am getting the following issue,

***************************************************************************************************************

Unsupported Code: lnv_conn = create soapconnection,  Line Number:107,

Location:Wf_initialize() event/function of w_fm03_person_match in fm03.pbl

Unsupported Item: Soapconnection

Type: 

Reason: Can not found the identifier 'soapconnection'

Priority: Have to modify

***************************************************************************************************************

I don't see anyone else having this issue with "soapconnection", is there a work around or did I miss something when I deployed it to appeon web.

Thanks

Dave V.

Accepted Answer
Marco Meoni Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 18 May 2018 06:48 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hello David,

SoapConnection is not part of the native PB language, but it is an object provided via PBX extensions (pbx).
You cannot use it in Appeon, which instead provides its own SOAP implementation thorugh AppeonWebServiceComponent object.
Proceed this way:

1) Include C:\inetpub\wwwroot\appeon\developTempFile\appeon_workarounds\appeon_workaround.pbl in your project;
2) Create an instance of AppeonWebServiceComponent object and follow one of the 3 examples in the Appeon help.

Best,

Marco

Comment
  1. David Vasconcelos
  2. Monday, 21 May 2018 11:03 AM UTC
Thanks Marco, one quick question... does the component work in both web and PB classic.  We planned on keeping the client server version of the code up and running for a time before turning it off and exclusively using the web version.

1. Helpful
  1. David Vasconcelos
  2. Monday, 21 May 2018 13:57 PM UTC
Marco, I don't see any options for Log file?  Is this truly SOAP or is this object .net?  When I look at the function in the comment header is has examples but all using what looks like .net objects.  The web service we call returns information which we store in structures which were created by the proxy, I assume I still need the proxy and this new object is for connection only, is this correct?  Sorry I am new to web service call we have a few other resources who know this better then me.

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Andres Slachevsky Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 18 May 2018 12:57 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

You must use the  AppeonWebServiceComponent 
it is really simple to use, you don't need to create a proxy object just need to call set some properties on the object and call the functions 

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.