1. Andres Slachevsky
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 22 October 2019 19:34 PM UTC

Hello All,

can i install the runtime of PB2017 for a WebService in a server where PB12.6 Runtime (WebService) is installed?
or it can cause a problem cause they have the same DLLs Name?

I need to create a new web service and put in produccion in the same server where a PB12.6 WebService is installed

i do not have the source of the PB12.6 WS nor PB12.6 installed in my development machine

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 22 October 2019 19:43 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Andres;

FWIW: I have PB 12.6, PB2017 and PB2019 web services deployed in the same IIS server on my test PC's with no issues. What I do though is make sure that the PB Run-time DLL's are in the System Path but in "descending" PB version order so that any non-numbered DLL is picked up by IIS in the highest to lowest order. Seems to work OK for me this way.

To be ultra safe, you can always assign the PB2017 WS's to a different Application Pool. Food for thought.

HTH

Regards ... Chris 

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Michael Kramer Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 22 October 2019 19:42 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi,

PowerBuilder 2017 has runtime files versioned PBxxx170.DLL. PowerBuilder 12.6 has no files using version number ="170" in their filenames.

You would only have difficulty if you installed into same folders. If you co-locate app files (client app or web-service) with matching PB runtime files you won't have any conflict.

HTH /Michael

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.