1. Aron Cox
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 12 July 2021 13:36 PM UTC

PowerBuilder 2019 R3 Build 2703

I have an Azure Devops TFS source control containing the latest PowerBuilder 2017 source code.

I have PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Build 2703 migrated PBLs, containing a slighlty older version of the PB 2017 source code.

I want to do a full Get Latest, but it continually fails because Azure Devops is useless with large PowerBuilder projects.

So, for the first time ever I decided to take a look ar OrcaScript, and it looks good. I wrote this bat file:

@ECHO OFF
   REM Get everything from source control (Azure DevOps TFS)
   "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\TF.exe" get "$/<MyProject>" /recursive /force

REM Put the objects we just got into the PBLs
   orcascr190 /D runtime_version="19.2.0.2703" "_orca.txt"

REM Do a build
   "C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilderCompiler 19.0\pbc190.exe" /d "<MyProject>.pbt" /o " <MyProject>.exe" /r "<MyProject>.pbr" /w y /f /m n /x 32 /bg y /p "<MyProjectName>" /cp "<MyCompanyName>" /de "<MyProjectShortName>" /cr "<MyCompanyName>" /v "<MyBuildNumber>" /vn "1.0.0.1" /fv "0 *this is not used nor is the Product version below*" /fvn "19.0.0.2703" /ge 0 /pd yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy /rt 19.2.0.2703
   @PAUSE

The OrcaScript script file contains this:

start session
   set debug true
   scc set connect property logfile "OrcaBuild.log"
   scc set connect property logappend "FALSE"
   scc connect offline

; Tells the refresh to assume the source has already been
   ; extracted from TFS and to just import it
   scc set target "<MyProject>.pbt" "refresh_all importonly"

; Perform the imports
   scc refresh target "migrate"

scc close
   end session

Which works great, gets everything from TFS, appears to import it all in the PBLS, and does a build.

But when I open the worksapce in the PowerBuilder 2019 R3 IDE I am prompted with:

The PowerBuilder Runtime version of the current IDE has changed. Do you want to full build the application using the new PowerBuilder Runtime version?

If I select OK then a full build is done and all is good from that point on. But I just did a full build, I believe. So what am I missing? Is there an object that needs to be checked in after the migration from PowerBuilder 2017 to 2019 R3, as I thought it was just the PBLs that change during migration?

Any help gratefully recieved :) Thanks!

Accepted Answer
Ken Guo @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 13 July 2021 07:44 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hi  Aron,

Ever since PB 2019 R3, the internal attribute named "appruntimeversion" is added for application object. If the value of this attribute appruntimeversion is not consistent with PB IDE Runtime version, it will prompt you with the message you just saw.

However, the current rule is that, when PBC and ORCA execute a full build or deploy exe, they don’t change this internal attribute. Please refer to the link below for more details:

https://docs.appeon.com/pb2019r3/whats_new/ch01s01s04.html

So after you have generated the PBL using PBC or ORCA, the appruntimeversion is not updated, which is why you got that message when you opened IDE.

To better support Azure DevOps, we plan to improve this rule to enable PBC and ORCA to update the value of appruntimeversion. So you won’t see this problem in later versions.

Regards,

Ken

Comment
  1. Aron Cox
  2. Tuesday, 13 July 2021 10:35 AM UTC
Thank you! That explains it, seems I have to do the final build in the IDE, but at least I now understand why, and can use OrcaScript to get past my Azure DevOps problems. Hopefully they will fix this issue soon.
  1. Helpful
  1. Ken Guo @Appeon
  2. Friday, 6 August 2021 07:04 AM UTC
Hi Aron,

Good news that PowerBuilder 2021 GA (build 1288) is available for download. The issue you reported has been fixed in this release. Please download and install it to verify the issue you reported and let us know if any problems. You can get the installer from our Downloads portal at https://account.appeon.com/download (login required).

We welcome all feedback from you!

Regards,

Ken
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 12 July 2021 17:05 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Aaron;

In your PB 2019 R3 IDE ... did you set the default build / runtime to "19.0.0.2703" in the IDE's System Options dialogue's "General Tab page"? If not, it would probably prompt you again for a migration / build when you open the Workspace. Just a thought. HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Aron Cox
  2. Monday, 12 July 2021 17:11 PM UTC
Thanks for the reply. Yes it is set as the default.

Anyone know how it decides what version a particular workspace / project is at?

I am telling both the OrcaScript migrate and the comand line compiler to use build 2703, but perhaps they're not updating somewhere for some reason (read-only after doing the get??? I will see fi I can test that)
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Monday, 12 July 2021 17:45 PM UTC
FWIW: Did you try ...

scc refresh target migrate // no quotes
  1. Helpful
Bernhard Stoeter Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 13 July 2021 05:44 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

I have the same "problem" without source control just with local files.

Regards,
Bernhard

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.