1. Luca Militello
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 31 August 2021 13:45 PM UTC

Hi,

an error occurred while attempting to call PL/SQL Oracle procedure with string array as parameter using Oracle 19 server.

Tried to install Oracle 19 client and set PBNewSPInvocation='Yes' in the DBPARM connection parameter with no result.

I saw that this issue was the same with Oracle 18 and resolved with a fix by Appeon https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/track/view?id=3223 . Can this bug be fixed with Oracle 19 too? We have clients who have installed our application on an Oracle 19 db server and we can't get it to work.

Thanks 

Luca

Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 31 August 2021 16:29 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Luca, the fix was for both 18c and 19c.  Please verify your PowerBuilder version is 2019 R2 build 2323 or newer.  If it is, please open a support ticket as Chris already suggested.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 31 August 2021 14:21 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi, Luca -

You have a typo error in your URL that prevents it from working; I think the ID number should be 3223, not 32239. You may wish to consider editing the post to correct it.

Also, a question: The PBNewSPInvocation setting for DBParm is for use only with ODBC. Is that how your application connects to an Oracle database? It appears the bug tracking report for ID 3223 is describing use of the native Oracle DB driver, not ODBC, so I'm a little confused.

Best regards, John

Comment
  1. Luca Militello
  2. Tuesday, 31 August 2021 15:09 PM UTC
HI John, you're right . The ID number is 3223. I've already updated the post.

I tried to use PBNewSPInvocation setting because i found it in a forum. I didn't know it was just for using ODBC connections.

The connection we are using is with an Oracle DB, not via ODBC.

Luca

1. Helpful
  1. John Fauss
  2. Wednesday, 1 September 2021 00:16 AM UTC
Thanks for the clarification. What is the datatype of the array you are attempting to pass? The communications recorded in 3223 indicates that not all datatypes are supported.
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 31 August 2021 14:20 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Luca;

For this type of issue, I would suggest opening a Support Ticket so that you can attach more information for Appeon to delve deeper into this O19C problem.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.