1. Bryant Burnard
  2. PowerServer
  3. Monday, 7 November 2022 18:57 PM UTC

Hi All,

Trying to run PB 2022 Build 1878 front end, and deploy a PowerServer 2022 client. For the datawindows that we have created that use an SP in the select I am getting an ORA-00904: "TABLE_NAME": invalid identifier. The code works as expected in PowerBuilder. I checked the SP call by creating a new data window, and the Stored Procedure or Package method call can be seen from the PB runtime environment.

Is there a set up in PowerServer that I am missing that converts handles this set up?

Thanks

Bryant

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 7 November 2022 20:10 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

Hi Bryant; 

Are PB & PS logging into Oracle using the same credentials?

Regards ... Chris 

Comment
  1. Bryant Burnard
  2. Monday, 7 November 2022 22:28 PM UTC
Sure thing Chris,

I have been looking into this just a little further, the dw's are based on SPs, that have a return type of 'record', not of sys_refcursor (which used to be ok). Once I changed the return type, to sys_refcursor, PowerServer could 'see' the table type.
  1. Helpful 2
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Monday, 7 November 2022 23:16 PM UTC
Ahhhh ... That would do it. PowerServer can only handle "standard" data types.
  1. Helpful
  1. Bryant Burnard
  2. Tuesday, 8 November 2022 21:01 PM UTC
Also, was checking further, as found one that was in error with a sys_refcursor return type. The stored proc or package must have a 'query' privileges, before execute was ok.
  1. Helpful 1
There are no comments made yet.
Bryant Burnard Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 7 November 2022 19:52 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 2

Hi Francisco;

I Changed the DelimitIdentifier to be false, both for PowerServer (and PowerBuilder, just in case) and I am still getting the ORA-00904 error for the Parsing dataobjects phase of the PowerServer deploy.

I also tried to save DelimitIdentifier False, then true, and then false again, just in case there was a false setting some where of that value.

Bryant

Comment
Francisco Martinez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 7 November 2022 19:18 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 3

Hi Bryan,

I think I've seen this issue reported before. If I recall correctly, the issue was fixed by changing the database settings for the Oracle connection. I believe it was the DelimitIdentifier setting.

I saw another case reporting this issue that solved it by removing the quotation characters from the column names in PowerBuilder.

Please try out these workaround and see if they work on your case.

Regards,
Francisco

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.