1. Vijay Gopalakrishnan
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 20 October 2020 01:23 AM UTC

I posted this same question a month back.  We have ocx which is very old and the ocx works well in few 2016 servers, but it is not working when we run as the batch program. We uses the same code while running as an App and running as a Batch server.

The settings of the ocx are exactly same on the both the servers. I verified all the parameters and environmental variables as well. No changes. 

I tried to run batch program built in Powerbuilder 11.5 and then I rebuilt the same code in Appeon PowerBuilder 2019 R2 version, both are same code.

Both the code fail at the same exact point while running in the batch server mode.

Please let me know if you need more information and help will be highly helpful. 

Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 20 October 2020 01:33 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

have you check the event viewer on the server?

Maybe you could get some information from that.

What does "batch server mode" mean exactly? Do you run the batch program "As Administrator"? (from an Administrator command shell)
(or is it not a batch file that you are running?)

Is it possible to make a small sample application and provide us with it (including the OCX)?

Comment
  1. Vijay Gopalakrishnan
  2. Tuesday, 20 October 2020 01:58 AM UTC
I will check the event viewer on the server

running as Batch mode, the account is tied to administrator account

sure I will try to give it.
  1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Tuesday, 20 October 2020 02:03 AM UTC
The account having adminstrator rights or being an administer account is still not the same as "Run as administrator".

What I mean is, right click on the batch / app and choose "Run as Administrator".
  1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Tuesday, 20 October 2020 02:20 AM UTC
VJ, I'm gonna get some sleep, it's 3 am here. Back tomorrow. regards
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.