1. Shailendra Jethani
  2. PowerServer 2020 or older (Obsolete)
  3. Wednesday, 29 November 2017 14:40 PM UTC

Dear All

I am just beginning to try PB2017 and PowerServer 2017 Web to deploy an existing PB11.5 application to Web. I had installed the PowerServer 2017 trial last week and installed PB2017 trial today. After successful migration of the PB 11.5 app to PB2017 I thought of trying Web Deployment to my local machine. The Power Server Toolkit configuration wizard says "Testing Power Server Local Server Failed! Please verify that Power Server Local Server is running". Tried to check if I can manually run the Power Server but couldn't figure it out.What am I missing?

Thanks for the help,

Skj.

Shailendra Jethani Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 30 November 2017 09:15 AM UTC
  3. # 1

Dear All

I will not be able to reply before Sunday as we are heading for a long holiday.

Regards,

Skj

Comment
  1. Shailendra Jethani
  2. Monday, 4 December 2017 08:38 AM UTC
Hi All

My problem has become so complicated for me as of now. I uninstalled everything then installed PS 2017 then PB 2017 (pb only). When I tried to deploy the example sales app to web It says "Can not connect web server local server". When I Migrated my application from PB11.5 to PB 2017. While using the PS Toolkit and configuring DB Profile I found there there is no driver for MS ACCESS available. Tried using ODBC, there is no ODBC driver for MS ACCESS as well.

On the other hand, spoke to Sales people to provide a trail software to test only the Web edition and they said they don't have.

That means:

1. I can't test PS2017 as I am only looking for testing the Web deployment of an existing application.

2. I can't use MS ACCESS as the DB.

Regards,

SKJ

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Govinda Lopez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 29 November 2017 16:56 PM UTC
  3. # 2

Hi Shailendra,

PowerServer Mobile (PB Edition) can only deploy to mobile. If you would like to deploy to web you would need to have PowerServer Web installed. However, PowerServer Mobile (PB Edition) and PowerServer Web cannot coexist in the same computer. You would need to uninstall both products and then install only PowerServer Web.

I would recommend using PowerServer Developer Edition for your tests. This version includes both Mobile and Web.

Please do share your results.

Regards,

Comment
  1. Shailendra Jethani
  2. Thursday, 30 November 2017 08:31 AM UTC
Dear Govinda

Thank you so much for your help. As you can see from my reply to Chris that I currently don't have a package to install only PS Web edition.

BTW from where I can get "PowerServer Developer Edition"? I currently only have a trial edition of PS 2017 & PB 2017.

Thanks & regards,

SKJ

1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 29 November 2017 15:32 PM UTC
  3. # 3

Hi Skj;

First check to make sure that your local PowerServer is installed OK & running. Open up your web browser and use the URL "//localhost/aem" to launch the Appeon Enterprise Manager App. PowerServer should respond with an AEM login screen. Make sure that you can now login as the Admin. If you can do that, then PowerServer is running OK under IIS. If not, you may have to the PS 2017 installation. If you can login, make sure that your PS is "activated" under the license section.

Note: If you installed PB 2017 Universal and its PowerServer Mobile server into IIS - you must uninstall PS Mobile and its Help first before installing PS 2017! PS 2017 is not compatible with PS Mobile that comes with PB 2017 Universal. You cannot run the two PS's on the same PC.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Shailendra Jethani
  2. Thursday, 30 November 2017 08:27 AM UTC
Dear Chris

Thank you so much for the help. I uninstalled everything and installed PB 2017 Universal (PB, Toolkit & Help). Then went to install PS 2017 from the trial package I have but it does not allow to select only Web edition it by default selects both Web & Mobile Server hence I skipped installation.

Then I went back to check PB 2017 folders if the installation for PS Web is provided there but I noticed that it only has PS Mobile edition not Web edition.

So now I have just left it there as I don't have a package from where I can install only PS Web Server.

Sorry for the type of trial earlier!

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Skj

1. Helpful
  1. Devang Modi
  2. Tuesday, 27 February 2018 16:04 PM UTC
Hi Chris,

Initially I Installed only PowerServer, POwerServer Help & PowerServer Toolkit, PowerServer Web Component..

While Web Deployment (using localhost) I got error message - 

---------------------------

Warning

Failed to connect to PowerServer 'vsp'! Please verify that the settings are correct...

02012: Cannot connect to PowerServer 'localhost'.

OK   

Also when I checked on IIS - I found that Appeon Enterprise Manager is not getting installed. Appeon Folder is not exist in C:\inetpub\wwwroot. 

But when I install PowerServer Mobile then this folder is automatically gets created. Able to conntact AEM (Appeon Enterprise Manager). But after that when I am on final step of Web Deployment then getting below error - 

Error

You are deploying to PowerServer Mobile (PB Edition) which only supports mobile application deployment. If you want to deploy Web applications, please install PowerServer Web on a different computer and do the deployment again.

OK   

So I am blocked with Trial version. I am not sure how to make progress over here. 

Can somebody help with this ? 

1. Helpful
Shailendra Jethani Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 29 November 2017 14:50 PM UTC
  3. # 4

Just to update. The deployment proceeded from that point when I went back to the system after posting the question. Could any delay in broadcasting that AEM is now running, be an issue? Now there's a new error "You are deploying to the PowerServer Mobile (PB Edition), please select the Mobile project type and then deploy again."

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.