1. Steen Jakobsen
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 14 November 2018 05:46 AM UTC

Hi Everyone,

I'm just thrilled that PB finally will have Modernized UI in next release (PB 2018). In everyday life maybe the most important enhancement to the bulk of us.

Does anyone have any insights as to how our precious PB application will look when one of the the new "rendering Themes" is applied ?

Thanks.

// Steen

ps. We are using the new JSON parser form the R2 release - It work GREAT!

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 16 November 2018 04:34 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Everyone;

The slides from the Elevate 2018 conference are now released. You can download them from your User Center on the Appeon website underneath the "Conference" section.

Note that the conference material download will only appear if you actually attended the conference.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Olan Knight Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 16 November 2018 04:26 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

FWIW:  I saw this in another post by Armeen:

"I would recommend you watch the recordings of the keynotes from the Elevate 2018 conference: https://elevate.appeon.com"

Comment
  1. Steen Jakobsen
  2. Friday, 16 November 2018 04:35 AM UTC
Thanks Olan :-)
  1. Helpful
  1. Steen Jakobsen
  2. Friday, 16 November 2018 04:37 AM UTC
I cannot find any recordings. Do you have a link ?
  1. Helpful
  1. Olan Knight
  2. Friday, 16 November 2018 07:24 AM UTC

Nope, I just posted what I saw; I did not check it out first. Apologies!

Armeen!, any video links yet? :)
  1. Helpful
Julie Jiang @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 15 November 2018 08:24 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Steen, 

I just attached a few screenshots from the Elevate UI demo application for your quick reference.  Note that: 

1. You can switch the UI themes directly in the application. 

2. With tab: The background color of the blank area on the right of tab can be modified; the background color and font color of the tab can be modified; the background color of the tab page and the color of the border of the tab page can all be modified; the color of separator lines and the weights of the borders can be modified as well. 

3. With DataWindow: There are now four border statuses; The background color and font color of the selected row can be customized; The grid lines can be customized; The UI behavior of radio buttons in DW has the same changes as in radio button controls; The UI behavior of check box in DWs is updated; All dropdowns (DDDW, DDLB, Drop-Down Calendar) use arrows.

4. With CommandButton: There are now four button statuses: normal-state, hover-state, pressed-state, and disabled-state.

5. With DropDownListBox: In the dropdownlistbox control in DWs, the background color of the selected entry and font can be customized.

6. With CheckBox: Same as in DWs, the check boxes have UI changes.

7. With VProgressBar: The color, background color and font color of horizontal progress bars can all be customized.

8. With HProgressBar: The color, background color, scrollbar color, and font color of HTrackBar can all be customized.

9. With Graphs: Different colors are applied to graphs.

Best regards...Julie

Attachments (4)
Comment
  1. Steen Jakobsen
  2. Friday, 16 November 2018 04:36 AM UTC
This is G R E A T ... Thank you so much! :-)
  1. Helpful
Steen Jakobsen Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 14 November 2018 14:01 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

SUPER :-)

Where do you think I need to look for the recorded sessions?

Thanks 

//Steen

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 14 November 2018 14:13 PM UTC
They have not been released yet. I'll post back ASAP once I know. Elevate conference attendees should get an email announcement when they are ready.
  1. Helpful
  1. Steen Jakobsen
  2. Wednesday, 14 November 2018 14:18 PM UTC
super :-)

I did not attend - but I will next year :-)

Thanks Chris.

ps.

I'm just so extremely happy that PB is moving forward.

We have 2 enterprise licenses since the very beginning of PB2017

1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 14 November 2018 12:45 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 5

Hi Steen;

Yes, the new "Themes" feature of PB2018 was demonstrated at the Elevate 2018 Conference in the Keynote presentations. I believe that the recorded Keynote's will be available very soon. So you should be able to see the effect on a PB App by viewing that part of the Keynote.

There is also some enhancements to DataWindow graphing as well. This was not shown in the Keynote but will be available in the PB2018 Beta.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.