1. Vipin Dwivedi
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 20 June 2018 19:18 PM UTC

Hi,

We are going to migrate/merge the new PFCs 2017 from git posted by Bruce.

Since there are so many new objects added and changes in existing objects code. What is the best way to merge/migrate new PFC objects as when I try to load objects say from pfcmain after migration it gives some error which comes from pfemain. When I add the error objects in pfemain, we get error from pfcmain, so I have to traverse here and there so many times to import all the objects without any error.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Vipin

Kevin Ridley Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 22 June 2018 14:58 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Best option is if you have a list of objects that you modified in your old PFE.  If not, one thing you can try is using your old PFE objects with the new PFC objects and adding in any new PFE objects that didn't exist in the prior PFE.

Kevin

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Bruce Armstrong Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 21 June 2018 14:01 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

I'd recommend grabbing a copy of ProDiff (the latest version of PBDelta http://www.pbdr.com/prodiff/index.htm) and using that to compare your PBLs with the PFC PBLs.  That way you have the big picture of the changes and can do them in ancestry order.

Comment
  1. Kim Berghall
  2. Thursday, 21 June 2018 14:56 PM UTC
I agree use ProDiff to see the differences. Depending on your version the list can be quite long and with removed objects etc. The bad part is that the new PFC has legal/change description headers added to all scripts. This is a royal pain. In order to get a true Delta we had to first scrub those out...

1. Helpful
  1. Vipin Dwivedi
  2. Thursday, 21 June 2018 15:22 PM UTC
Thanks for your suggestion Bruce. One thing I noticed that when I downloaded the 2017 PFC zip file, I found one object was missing in ZIP file which is "s_classoverview_attrib". This was causing merge issue as this object is being used in PFCAPSRV library. I downloaded them directly from GIT. Was it intentional or got missed out? Just wanted to let you know.

I will try to look ProDiff and see if that can help. If you have any video tutorial for ProDiff use then please provide that. That will help.

Thanks,

Vipin

1. Helpful
  1. Vipin Dwivedi
  2. Thursday, 21 June 2018 15:23 PM UTC
Kim, That is correct. The change in header gives us pain when compare the changes.:)

Regards,

Vipin

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.