1. Rodney Ross
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 13 November 2017 14:39 PM UTC

We recently upgraded from PB 12.5 Classic to PB 2017.

We currently have four applications.  Two are less than 10 MB in size and two are greater than 50 MB in size.

There is no problem when we deploy the project for either of the two smaller applications.

We are able to do a full build of the larger application without any errors from the System Tree.

When we try to deploy the project for either large application, the build crashes right after the temp file is initially created in the output folder.  We also tried the deployment using PBDs and the build crashed right after the PBDs were created.

Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 14 November 2017 19:56 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

A friend of mine reported the same sort of issue and he tells me that the latest release fixed it even though the release docs don't mention it.

Try updating to the latest release and try it again.

Comment
  1. Rodney Ross
  2. Wednesday, 15 November 2017 14:42 PM UTC
I tried it with the latest release available to me (PowerBuilder Cloud MR#1681 (SHA256)).

Is this the version that your friend is using?

1. Helpful
  1. Chris Tillman
  2. Wednesday, 4 July 2018 10:58 AM UTC
I have run into this problem with the current version of Powerbuilder, 2017 R2 Build 1769.

It is exactly the same symptom, it build the pbds and begins the executable, then the application crashes and the window closes.

It is happening on both of the projects in the application.

Here is the WER problem header from one of the crashes:

Source

Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R2

Summary

Stopped working

Date

‎4/‎07/‎2018 10:46 PM

Status

Report sent

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder 17.0\PB170.EXE

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: PB170.EXE

Application Version: 17.0.0.1769

Application Timestamp: 5aab7d21

Fault Module Name: pbdom120.pbx

Fault Module Version: 12.1.0.6875

Fault Module Timestamp: 4dca3671

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0001e4ca

OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 5129

Additional Information 1: 2beb

Additional Information 2: 2beba6fb4680d73a8c78ca7c24ccdb46

Additional Information 3: 80f3

Additional Information 4: 80f3c8d1605b051b02be5ab5c78aac5b

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 38e013e73d0373e46b8fc7cdbf8d2103 (1986025647189598467)

In the other crashes, the fault module and exception code and offset are always the same.

Any suggestions? I bought the online powerbuilder version just a couple weeks ago, so do I have access to support for this kind of issue?

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 13 November 2017 18:34 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Do you have any PBD files in the library list? They are not portable between versions so they will have to be recreated in

Comment
  1. Rodney Ross
  2. Monday, 13 November 2017 19:13 PM UTC
The program currently doesn't use any pbds.

We did try to deploy using pbds, and it created the pbds and then crashed.

Rod

1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 13 November 2017 16:13 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Rodney;

Can you tell us ...

1. What MS-Windows version & build you are using?
  2. What DBMS are you connected to and using what client interface?
  3. Have you tried optimizing all your PBL's first?
  4. Do your Apps use any 3rd party software products?
  5. Do the App's run OK from the PB2017 IDE?
  6. After a full build, do your Apps have any warnings?

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Rodney Ross
  2. Monday, 13 November 2017 19:11 PM UTC
Chris,

We have tried both Windows 7 and Windows 10 with PB 2017 Build 1681.

We are connected to MS SQL Server using the Native Client Driver.

We have optimized the pbls before deployment attempt.

We currently don't use any 3rd party software.

Haven't fully tested all parts of the app, but they do appear to run fine in the IDE.

Warnings after full build:

---------- Compiler: Warnings   (12:30:04 PM)

mcobj.pbl(w_toolbar).w_toolbar.ue_ok.1: Warning     C0209: Function or event 'ue_ok' must be declared before it can be compiled.

mcobj.pbl(w_toolbar).w_toolbar.open.1: Warning     C0209: Function or event 'ue_ok' must be declared before it can be compiled.

mcobj.pbl(w_toolbar).w_toolbar.ue_cancel.1: Warning     C0209: Function or event 'ue_ok' must be declared before it can be compiled.

mcobj.pbl(w_toolbar).w_toolbar.ue_cancel.1: Warning     C0209: Function or event 'ue_cancel' must be declared before it can be compiled.

mcobj.pbl(w_toolbar).w_toolbar.create.1: Warning     C0209: Function or event 'ue_ok' must be declared before it can be compiled.

mcobj.pbl(w_toolbar).w_toolbar.create.1: Warning     C0209: Function or event 'ue_cancel' must be declared before it can be compiled.

mcobj.pbl(w_toolbar).w_toolbar.destroy.1: Warning     C0209: Function or event 'ue_ok' must be declared before it can be compiled.

mcobj.pbl(w_toolbar).w_toolbar.destroy.1: Warning     C0209: Function or event 'ue_cancel' must be declared before it can be compiled.

pfcobjs.pbl(n_cst_dwsrv_resize).27: Warning     C0190: Instance variables of local structure type ('os_resize') will be implicitly private in the next release.

pfcobjs.pbl(n_cst_resize).37: Warning     C0190: Instance variables of local structure type ('os_resize') will be implicitly private in the next release.

However, these two exact same pbls are in the two small applications that deploy their projects without crashing.

Rod

1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Monday, 13 November 2017 20:04 PM UTC
Hi Rod;

The C0190 warnings are OK to ignore while the C-2019 warnings are not. However, the only trouble you should get into is after the compile if the User Events are trying to be executed.

Have you tried ...

Making sure that the main application folder and all sub -folders * files are not marked as "Read Only"

Running the IDE as ADMIN

Using a short TEMP path and with no spaces in it?

Regards ... Chris

1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Wednesday, 15 November 2017 16:19 PM UTC
I think this happened to me in 12.6: If I remember well the (for example) ue_ok event declaration will be missing above in the exported code (where prototypes of functions and events should be). If you don't want to play around with that (they have to be declared in the order of appearance later on in the code), just define an ue_ok2 new event. Edit the source code, copy the ue_ok's code and paste that in ue_ok2. After that, delete everything you can find referencing ue_ok in the edited code, Save and rename the ue_ok2 to ue_ok.

1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.