1. yakov werde
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 3 September 2024 20:23 PM UTC

Hello All,

I have a 12.6 PB .NET web service target that I need to migrate (convert) to 2022 R3 (classic)

SRD files fail import.  What needs to change to be able to import DataWindow syntax from PB .NET to PB Classic?

Thanks

Yakov

Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 3 September 2024 21:31 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Move all the code into an NVO then that object should be able to open in PB 2022 R3.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 3 September 2024 21:03 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Yakov;

If you are talking about the old SOAP based .Net web services ...

1. Running an NVUO as a ,Net web service feature was removed. You would now use SnapDevelop to create a C# WebAPI instead.
  2. The old SOAP web client services were removed. You would now use the HTPClient object class instead.

Regards .. Chris

Comment
  1. yakov werde
  2. Wednesday, 4 September 2024 13:19 PM UTC
Thanks all for responding.

We're in the process of "unwinding" and "weening" an 11.5 EAF/EAS multi-tiered application into C/S. We discovered this "outlier" SOAP accessed feature which is a PB12.6 .NET Web Service called from EAF BOs (fancy shmancy NVOs). It's got about 30 report DWOs that I need to get back to C/S. There is one NVO which is basically a wrapper on top of a datastore.

It's the DW syntax that is the issue. What is different? 2022 will handily take 4.0 DWOs but not this stuff. Is there a DW syntax parser around that can consume it or migrate it?
  1. Helpful
  1. yakov werde
  2. Wednesday, 4 September 2024 15:55 PM UTC
More details

There are 77 datawindows in this PB .NET service

Of them

57 are Release 6 through 11.5 and *can be imported* into a 2022 R3 PBL

20 are Release12.6 and *fail* imported into a 2022 R3 PBL

My hunch is that those created or edited in the PB .NET IDE DW Painter were rewritten by the DW Editor
  1. Helpful
  1. mike S
  2. Wednesday, 4 September 2024 20:29 PM UTC
hopefully it just added some crap that you can remove. the mentality seems to be have been (and continue to be) to add syntax for values that are defaulted anyway - causing issues with back migrations even if you don't use the new features. I have notes on how on what code in order to back migrate, but not for pb.net dws
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.