1. Chee Boon Ang
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 4 June 2019 03:00 AM UTC

Hi All,

During installation of PB2019, i am require to install "KB2533623". I encounter the message of "The update is not applicable to your computer"

pls advise 

Accepted Answer
Tom Jiang @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 11 June 2019 06:32 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hi All,

We've resolved this issue using the following steps:

Please note that this is not an official solution from Microsoft, so you need to evaluate the risk before applying it on your machine or you can instead use a Windows 10 machine for SnapDevelop which won't require this KB.

Make sure you downloaded the correct update version that matches your OS from this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2533623/microsoft-security-advisory-insecure-library-loading-could-allow-remot. Here we will use Windows6.1-KB2533623-x64.msu as an example.

1. Put the downloaded file Windows6.1-KB2533623-x64.msu into a simple local folder like C:\update\.
  2. Start command line using “Run as administrator”.
  3. Run the command: Expand –F:* C:\update\Windows6.1-KB2533623-x64.msu C:\update\
  4. Then install using command line: Dism.exe /online /add-package /PackagePath:c:\update\Windows6.1-KB2533623-x64.cab
  5. Restart your computer afterwards.

Regards,

Tom Jiang

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chee Boon Ang Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 4 June 2019 07:35 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Tom,

i got the correct OS. 

i am using OS Windows 7 SP1 Pro (64bits).

but the problems still remains.

Comment
  1. Tom Jiang @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 4 June 2019 11:07 AM UTC
Hi Chee,

Thanks for opening a support ticket! Our engineer will check and update everyone here if there is a solution. For anyone else who has this issue installing KB2533623 on Windows 7, you may try SnapDevelop on a Windows 10 machine instead. The other products like PowerBuilder, PowerServer don't require KB2533623.

Regards,

Tom Jiang
  1. Helpful
Tom Jiang @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 4 June 2019 05:43 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Please check the link below and confirm if you are using the version of the update package matching your OS:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2533623/microsoft-security-advisory-insecure-library-loading-could-allow-remot

Regards,

Tom Jiang

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.