1. Matt Balent
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 8 April 2021 16:13 PM UTC

Just upgraded to 2019R3 and am working with an application migrated from 2019R2 and when I try to run (from within PB) the application crashes PB when I try to create PBDOM_Builder.

Code is standard like this:

PBDOM_Builder lpbdom

lpbdom = CREATE PBDOM_Builder <<< this crashes everything with no message.

Ideas?

Thanks

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 8 April 2021 18:43 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Matt;

If your App(s) are using the PBX variety of PBDOM, you need to delete all the PBDOM objects and then refresh them from the PB2019R3 installation. However, I always recommend not using any PBX approach as it can get you into trouble when you migrate to a newer version of PB. It makes more work for the developers too.

IMHO: Instead, do away with the PBX approach and just add the PBDOM.PBD library to your App's library list. Then in PB2021, 2022, etc , just replace that PBD with the v2021, 2022, etc version. No muss, no fuss.

Just my $0.02.  HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Mark Goldsmith
  2. Thursday, 8 April 2021 20:25 PM UTC
Hi Matt...my install is on the D: drive so: D:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder 19.0\IDE

Regards,

Mark
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 8 April 2021 20:39 PM UTC
Hi Matt ... no XX, just PBDOM.PBD in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder 19.0\IDE" folder (similar folder structure to Mark)

1. Helpful
  1. Roland Smith
  2. Thursday, 8 April 2021 20:39 PM UTC
The version number is removed, just like the runtime DLL files. PBDOM.pbx is in It is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Common\PowerBuilder\Runtime 19.2.0.#### with the runtime DLL files. Mark is correct, PBDOM.pbd is in the IDE folder.

My preference would be to add a library pbdom.pbl to your target and import the .pbx into that. No need to update the PBD if you switch to a different runtime, the target build will take care of it for you.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 8 April 2021 16:55 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

To anyone who is using the PFC classes for pb 2019:

Bruce has updated (today) the downloadable ZIP file with the latest changes.

The changes were in "ws_objects" but not yet in the ZIP.

These changes mean that - if you rely on the PBDOM included in this version of PFC - these classes will work only for PB 2019 R3.

Personally I don't agree/understand why the PBDOM has to be included in the pfcs because any time Appeon does an update, someone has to remember to update the PFCs.
Probably someone made a dependency on them somewhere and therefore included them.

Just remember, if you use any 2019 version prior to R3, you'll have to edit the pbdom objects and change "pbdom.pbx" to "pbdom190.pbx".

regards

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.