1. alessandro feltrin
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 26 June 2018 17:53 PM UTC

I have a doubt like this:
I have an application created in PB2017R2 that contains reports (datawindows) saved in the database. I export them in psr format, to be able to edit them in the infomaker, but I can not in any way import them into a pbl and I can only use them as a single file. I need to use a pbl because my psr file has a nested report, and I can not in any way open the file if it does not find the other report. There are some other "smarter" ways to handle this type of report with infomaker ?? I state that I use Powerbuilder for 20 years and Infomaker for 10 days !!!

Thanks

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 26 June 2018 18:34 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Alessandro;

When the InfoMaker product installs itself, it makes an entry in the MS-Windows registry against the .PSR file extension. So that when you double-click this file in File Explorer, the IM IDE should open and allow you to view the PSR.

You can also build yourself a PSR viewer app in PB to give to the IM users as another alternative.

Note: You must use the same version of PB and IM for the PSR file to be created and read by PB & IM properly and vise versa! as the file format is version specific.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. alessandro feltrin
  2. Wednesday, 27 June 2018 06:43 AM UTC
Thanks Chris,

this is quite clear to me.

What is not clear to me, however, is this:

1. from a PB application I export a datawindow (which also contains a nested report) in PSR format. (this works well)

2. from IM I open the PSR file to be able to modify it but IM tells me that it does not find the nested report.

At this point I would not know how to proceed since:

1. I do not have a pbl file with reports but only a PSR

2. the Psr is editable in IM only and I can not in any way manage the file srd of the report and of the nested report.

It seems to me at this point that IM's functioning is rather limited to very simple cases.

Thank you

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.