Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi all, We're doing some integration to SalesForce.  We're on PB 2017 R3.  So we have an application that needs to upload several xls/pdf files to SalesForce. I know there are some API calls to be made.  We have a meeting next week in regards to th...
It would be nice if public bugs were open to comment by others. Bug 2501 The title and text of the bug mention pbvm170.dll but if you look real close at the attached image, it is actually pbjvm170.dll. That might help in figuring out the issue. ...
Hi Appeon team, We converted our code from PowerBuilder 12.5 to PowerBuilder 2017 R3 and use TFS (Team Foundation Server) as Source Control. when we Automate the Build using ORCA script, it is not able to connect to repository and throwing the Erro...
Hello, I have 4 web services which was build in PB .NET 12.5. Now I am converting those services in PB2017 r3. I am unable to find database name from web.config file. "web.config" is automatically created after Install web service msi. File locatio...
Hi.   Is it possible to generate a proxy object for a REST API service? I think this was an option in PB12.5 (File-New-Project-Rest client proxy), but I'm not 100% sure. This option is not available in Appeon PB 2017 R3, but perhaps it's possible...
We have an app for time clock in and out. At this point it does not have any kind of verification (Only a check mark but anybody can click and do the check mark). I am trying to find out how can I do finger print scanning and verification or better d...
Hello, how is it possible to generate QR code in a form window in PowerBuilder?Thank you...
Hi all, We are now using the ado.net to solve the connection pool issue for sybase ASE driver. But how to config the pool parameters such as MAX POOL SIZE? The below doesn't effect about the pool size SQLCA.DMS = "ADO.net" SQLCA.DBPARM="Namespace=...
We have an application that looks fine with Windows DPI scaling set to 100%, but when the user changes the scaling to 125% the application doesn't scale the contents correctly. Am I missing a setting somewhere that allows the application to scale...
Hi everyone, I have a .NET webservice that return an Structure with a DataTable datatype: When I call the webservice from PowerBuilder I get the TypeResultQuery structure, but DT is determined as Any datatype for Powerbuilder: I tried to create a...
Dear All,   As we are using PB 2017 to migrate our legacy system to .Net Assembly, there are hundreds of DataWindows that call this generic function   ll_rows = ads_data.Retrieve(lany_args[1], lany_args[2], lany_args[3], lany_args[4], lany_args[5...
Greetings All. Am i doing something wrong? I installed beta 2 side by side with beta 1. Themes works perfectly fine in beta 1 and i cant get it to work in beta 2. Will greatly appreciated any help. I did try to uninstall everything and install b...
Hi,   We have installed Appeon and and the database is Oracle and it is connected through ODBC. It is working perfectly in 32 bit server.   When we moved to 64 bit server. the ODBC is not working correctly when we connect database  in Appeon. it ...
I installed PowerServer with option "Create a new Web Site". Different Home Directory and port. AEM is working fine. Status Monitor works. PB2017 Toolkit Configuratin shows that PowerServer and Web Server is fine. Deploy works without any error. None...
PB 2017 R3 is generating an SQL Syntax Error at run time when trying to retrieve a blob column in a data window. I'm using MySQL  5.7.24.  The message is a sqlstate = 37000, 1064.  The partial syntax is:  "You have an error in your SQL...near ': blob...
if i commit my target, powerbuilder also tres to commit the the .pbd files and creates folder for them.That takes a long time and is unecunecessary . Even if the file is not in any repository. Is there a way to prevent powerbuilder from doing that?...
Hi, My project is using PowerBuilder 12.5 version and Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Team explorer TFS as a version control for PowerBuilder source code.   We are migrating from PowerBuilder 12.5 to PowerBuilder 2019 and will purchase 4 licenses for...
  Hello , I have one datawindow with 10th columns (field1, field2,……… , field10). Tab order is already set in datawindow from 10 to 100. Requirement:  If focus is on field10 and user pressed on tab then tab should be set as below condition. If ...
Hi, experts, I want to connect to SAP S/4 HANA using Powerbuilder, How to implement this without SAP GUI client installation?  ...
Just trying to find out what software people are using to interact with a Sybase Database (ASE 16). We are using Infomaker (12.5, 2017) and DBeaver, unfortunately they do not list user functions.  Not sure what others are using but if you have a few...

There are no discussions available here currently